First many "Categories" have disappeared from category list. Now I added one back, assigned it to a

First many "Categories" have disappeared from category list. Now I added one back, assigned it to a transaction, exited the app, then reopened the application. The transaction that I assigned the added category now shows with no category and the added category is not present in the category list. Seems like exiting the application did not save correctly.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jvanderwater
    jvanderwater Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I didn't know about the "Validate & Repair" option. I did have some help from Greg-the-geek that didn't identify what caused the problem. Finally, I decided to recover from a recent backup and that solved my problem. I am almost caught up with transactions that I entered subsequent to restored backup and basically, I am now a Happy camper again. Thanks for your help

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • No, I don't have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender. I tried to just add one of the lost categories , closed and restarted Quicken and the category was not added.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
  • C:\Users\John\Documents\Quicken, I am using OneDrive
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Is OneDrive setup to backup your Documents folder? If so, that can cause corruption in your Quicken data file.

• My backups are placed into:
    C:\Users\John\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken Backups.
  • I am sorry, I misunderstood your question. My Documents folder is not backed up into OneDrive. Only 2 or 3 other files are backed up to OneDrive.
  • jvanderwater
    jvanderwater Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I didn't know about the "Validate & Repair" option. I did have some help from Greg-the-geek that didn't identify what caused the problem. Finally, I decided to recover from a recent backup and that solved my problem. I am almost caught up with transactions that I entered subsequent to restored backup and basically, I am now a Happy camper again. Thanks for your help
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jvanderwater

I'm glad to hear that you were able to restore from a recent backup and are back up and running again and appreciate your posting back with the updated information :)

If there is anything else the Community may assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.