How do I STOP Quicken from asking for my ID password when I open it?

I am, and always have, used Quicken on my computer. :s :/ I was assured that I could use the NEW Quicken when working offline. This was the case until recently. NOW I can't open Quicken without providing my user ID and I can't put the user ID in until I have an internet connection, which I often do not have. How do I stop this from happening?

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Dorilea ,

This may be, because of a programming bug. You would need an Internet Connection, in order to Submit Report a Problem located under Help > Report a problem...

Note: Under Normal Usage, when your token expires, it will attempt to call home, This is not for your protection, but for Quicken's. To prevent unauthorized use. You need to use an older version of Quicken, from 2013, or older to escape this or another program,

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you disable your network adapter (Airplane Mode), you shouldn't be asked for a password.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Dorilea
    Dorilea Member ✭✭
    Thank you Greg. I use Hotspot and never have the Airplane Mode turned on. The problem is when I don't have or need internet to work on my accounting, I still get the request for my ID. The problem is that the request won't go away until I get online to input the ID. Any suggestions?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem occurs when your network adapter is enabled but there's no Internet connection. 

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Dorilea
    Dorilea Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Here is the answer to my original post. In order to GET RID OF the repeated request for ID when offline: You must have an internet connection this one time. Open Quicken>Provide ID>Go to "Edit" tab>scroll down to "Preferences">choose "Sign in as a different user">type "yes" to confirm sign out (Quicken will close and a new sign in page will pop-up)>Sign back in and click on the "Done" button. THANK YOU RICHARD with the support group. (rant redacted)
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken Server Errors.
This discussion has been closed.