Savings Goals & Budget Icons For Toolbar?

Options
There seems to be now way to add buttons to the toolbar at the top for "Savings Goals" or "Budget. I'm trying to find a way to create quick toolbar shortcuts sot that I don't have to go deep into the tab menus but rather, just simply use a button on the main toolbar.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of those options as possibilities when trying to customize the toolbar. Are there any work-arounds for this? Would be nice to have greater options when customizing the toolbar.

Best Answer

• A1MB1G
    A1MB1G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The functionality does exist in the US Windows Subscription Premier edition.  Hopefully, it is similar in the Canadian product:
    >
    > To add a button to the toolbar, select View > Customize Toolbar....
    > To add a button to the toolbar for Savings Goals, select Go to Planning >> Savings Goals and Add ->.
    > To add a button for Budget, select Go to Planning >> Budgets and Add ->.
    > To save your changes, select Done.

The "Go To Planning" is not an option that's available in the Customize Toolbar list. When I click on Customize Toolbar, a window pops up with a bunch of items on the left pane called "Available Toolbar Buttons", none of them are related to Planning, Budgets or savings goals. I even checked the box that says "Show all toolbar options".

Am I missing something?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The functionality does exist in the US Windows Subscription Premier edition.  Hopefully, it is similar in the Canadian product:

To add a button to the toolbar, select View > Customize Toolbar....
    To add a button to the toolbar for Savings Goals, select Go to Planning >> Savings Goals and Add ->.
    To add a button for Budget, select Go to Planning >> Budgets and Add ->.
    To save your changes, select Done.
  • A1MB1G
    A1MB1G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The functionality does exist in the US Windows Subscription Premier edition.  Hopefully, it is similar in the Canadian product:
    >
    > To add a button to the toolbar, select View > Customize Toolbar....
    > To add a button to the toolbar for Savings Goals, select Go to Planning >> Savings Goals and Add ->.
    > To add a button for Budget, select Go to Planning >> Budgets and Add ->.
    > To save your changes, select Done.

The "Go To Planning" is not an option that's available in the Customize Toolbar list. When I click on Customize Toolbar, a window pops up with a bunch of items on the left pane called "Available Toolbar Buttons", none of them are related to Planning, Budgets or savings goals. I even checked the box that says "Show all toolbar options".

Am I missing something?
  • A1MB1G
    A1MB1G Member ✭✭
    Options
    I figured it out, I had to change my view to CLASSIC MENUS, and now I see way more options. Thanks!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry.  I've been using Classic Menus for so long, I always forget the Standard Menus limit access to some functionality.
  • A1MB1G
    A1MB1G Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > I'm sorry.  I've been using Classic Menus for so long, I always forget the Standard Menus limit access to some functionality.

No worries, with your previous post I was able to work myself through it so it was still very helpful. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.