How to print checks

After installing Premier 2018 onto a computer with a new hardrive, I can print reports but not checks. The check setting page is a bit different than on my previous Quicken. Maybe I'm not properly choosing settings on that page.

Best Answer

Answers

• vmpratt
    vmpratt Member
    Why can I print reports but not checks?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you gone thru FILE, Printer Setup, For printing checks?  And, in that dialog, you almost certainly want to select "Wallet checks (Check 21 image ...)" type checks.
    After you've done that, can you print checks?
    If not, what EXACTLY happens when you try?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• vmpratt
    vmpratt Member
    After completing the 'Select Checks to print' page, I hit OK, and nothing happens.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    But have you gone thru the Setup process?  And, how did you create those checks to be printed?

• vmpratt
    vmpratt Member
    I went through the check set-up, as you suggested. I went through 'Tools' and 'Write and Print Checks' to create a check to print. I recorded the check, went next to 'Checks to Print' - answered all the questions, tho it's different from previous versions I've used. At the bottom I select 'ok', and nothing happens.

I have been printing Quicken checks for at least 10 years with no problem. And in all my dealing with techs on various programs, I've never before encountered a rude one until today.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    " I've never before encountered a rude one until today. "
    If you're referring to me ... I'm another user and NOT a Q Tech.
    And I shouldn't have to play "20 Questions" to get you to tell me what's happening.
    I'm outta here.

This discussion has been closed.