Bank of America; Health Accounts [edited]

nmudgett
nmudgett Member
Hello, when attempting to set up my Bank of America HSA account, I am able to log in, and it pulls the correct security questions.

Here is the concern. Below is exactly what I see for security questions (sorry but I don't know how to upload a picture, or even know if its a possibility)

---------------------------------------
(NO QUESTION IS LISTED)
Required Text Box

QUESTION 1
Required Text Box

QUESTION 2
Required Text Box

QUESTION 3
Required Text Box

**REPEATES QUESTION 1
Required Text Box
---------------------------------------

So, as shown above, the first text box, there is no question, and the last question/text box is a repeat of the first question/text box.

I attempted entering something random into the first text box without a question, and entered the correct answer for the repeat question. Didn't work. When I attempt to do this and click Continue, nothing happens.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nmudgett

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Are you still experiencing issues with setting up the Bank of America HSA account?

If so, may I ask, has this account been connected for downloads in Quicken previously?  Or is this the first time you have tried activating the HSA account?

If the HSA account has existed in Quicken previously and you are trying to re-establish downloads, may I ask, are you selecting the "Set Up Now" button that appears?  Or going to the Tools menu > Add Account option?

If selecting Set Up Now, please try once more by going to the Tools menu > Add Account.  In the window that opens, select "savings" for the account type and Bank of America - Health Accounts as the Financial Institution name.

Does the same error occur?  A different error code/message?  Or does Quicken return the list of your accounts and allow you to proceed through the Add Account wizard?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately I am still unable to add the HSA Account. This is a brand new account and was never in Quicken previously.

After going to the tools, add new account, select savings, and selecting the correct information, I am able to sign in. I do NOT get an error code. The problem is Quicken is NOT displaying the security questions correctly.

Is there a way for me to show you the screenshot? If you saw it, you would quickly realize that this is definitely an error with the API between Quicken and Bank of America.

Again, the security questions displayed repeat themselves, and some aren't even asking a question.

Let me know how you would like to proceed from here.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How "brand new" is this account?
    It may take a few days until the first transactions have posted, perhaps as long as a monthly statement cycle, to make a new account available for download.
    Some banks may even require that you logon to their website and activate the account for downloading (aka "enable third party access").
    Please take a look in that direction.
  • It’s about 1 month old. I checked and third party access is enabled automatically. I’m able to log in and it pulls the security questions.

Quicken is definitely is displaying the questions incorrectly.

I’ve been in IT my whole life. Everything from running a large software company to tech support. It really appears to be a problem with Quicken.

Nick
This discussion has been closed.