Debits are not showing in checking account transactions

The filters are wide open and I don't see any debit transactions...do you have any suggestions that may help?
Thanks
Walt
Winter Haven, FL

Best Answer

• soupcook
    soupcook Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank-you, everyone...I have continued studying this and realize that the debits show up without check numbers. The same way online payments from the checking account work.

Answers

• Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Started at the beginning of September when I believe a new version was released. Just update to ver 5.12.4 and still the same.
    I agree any suggestions would help.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Just to clarify, when you say debits are missing, you mean it only shows deposits in your checking account, but no expenses?

First, check at the top of your register: is the Transactions button gray, or is it on Spending or Income?

And you're sure the middle filter is set to "Any Type" and not "Income"?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    Love to know how you get the picture in the message, tried pasting, but didn't work.

Anyway, all filters are "All Dates", "Any Type", "Any Status".

Thanks for responding.
    Screenshot 2019-09-13 11.55.34.png
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2019
    @Howles To get pictures into a post, you can position your cursor where you want it in the text and then drag an image from your desktop into the text area, or what I find easier, which is clicking the little image icon in the icon bar above the text area:

In the screenshot you posted, I only see four columns for Date, Posted, Status and Match Status. Where are all your other columns for Payee, Amount, Category, etc.? If they're not showing, click on the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar on the far right, and click on these items so they display in your register. (For a checking account, I like to show Status, Date, Check #, Payee, Category, Memo/Notes, Transfer, Payment, Clr, Deposit and Balance columns; your usage might want to not include some of those and include others.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • soupcook
    soupcook Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank-you, everyone...I have continued studying this and realize that the debits show up without check numbers. The same way online payments from the checking account work.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    soupcook said:
    IIRC, in Q Mac, there's an additional field (column) called Action. It contains information other than pure numeric check numbers. Try adding this column to your register and see if it contains the missing information.
  • Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    I only showed non personal information. I don't want to show all columns on the internet.

Here is some more information. I added the action column and that is blank.Screenshot 2019-09-13 13.04.44.png
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you please provide some more details on the situation?
    What's missing? What are you expecting to see?
    Your screenshot, as interesting as it is, doesn't tell me anything.
  • Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    @UKR,
    Thank you for your continued interest.
    Prior to September, when I updated my online accounts the individual transactions would show the posting date and change the action icon to blue. The screenshot I attached showed the August transactions were okay, but since then I have had to enter my transactions manually and then reconcile manually.
    I question what I have done differently for the posting date not to be downloaded.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks to me more like a problem with downloading transactions from your bank.
    Are you getting any error messages when downloading transactions?
    Which bank are you downloading from?
  • Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    @UKR,
    NO download errors. I see the same number of downloads each time (6), which was the last successful download before the last two software upgrades.
    I created a new account for the same bank (Bancorp - Chime) and that downloaded the current balance. The savings account seems to be updating correctly.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't locate a bank containing "Chime" as part of their name in my list of Quicken - supporting US banks.
    If they are / were a supported bank with a valid contract and connection to Quicken, transaction downloading should work.

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    @UKR

Thank you for all your investigation and help. I'll call Quicken quicken Chat and see what they can find.
    I have attached a screenshot of the bank, if I go to add a new account., just for information.
    Screenshot 2019-09-14 08.29.59.png
  • Howles
    Howles Member ✭✭
    Just to let you know, that with the latest Quicken update (today) everything is back to what it was. (Chime even shows up in the available banks).

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.