when will Quicken allow the user to input the bank balance during reconciliation?

When will Quicken allow the user to input the bank balance during reconciliation?

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken has always allowed entry of the ending balance into the Reconcile dialog.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Larry Gill
    Larry Gill Member ✭✭
    Only if Paper Statement is used. I always use Online Balance.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Only if Paper Statement is used. I always use Online Balance.
    If you always use Online Balance, you are telling Quicken to always use the last bank balance obtained from the financial institution.  If you want to enter a different bank balance, do not tell Quicken to use the Online Balance.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's pursue this.  If not the "Online Balance", which is provided by your bank, what "input the balance" would you use ???  Does your bank perhaps not know what your account balance is?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    Let's pursue this.  If not the "Online Balance", which is provided by your bank, what "input the balance" would you use ???  Does your bank perhaps not know what your account balance is?
    I find the Online Balance obtained by Quicken to be unreliable.  I use the date and balance from a statement I obtain from the financial institution instead.
This discussion has been closed.