What is the error when a report for a category does not find all the transactions in category?

Options
Trying to determine how much interest was paid on a loan, I asked for a report for all dates, selected the bank account used for the loan, and category was "my interest", and my name was used as payee. The report displayed with three of the transactions recording "my interest" not recorded in the report. Twenty nine transactions reported, three missing. They are in the register, within the date, obviously, and yet not picked up for the report. In a search for transactions for "my interest", "find all" for the category, these three were picked up but another split transaction showed the interest I was looking for, but did not display the principal paid for that transaction. I validated the file, all was OK. It is disturbing to ask for a report and not get all the information correct. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• MemphisBBQ
    MemphisBBQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. You are correct that there could be a difference in payee. I was searching for category and the payee was correct in each one. In running a different report asking for this as well as a second category related to principal payment, the report missed every transaction in 2017. I spent almost 2 hours on chat with the Quicken tech, even reinstalling Quicken. He suggested I call support rather than use the limited chat resource. I deleted the saved report and created a new report for the same category and it did show all the transactions. I probably will delete all my saved reports. It was time consuming but relatively simple with only this limited number of transactions to check which did not show. Each of these transactions were split, part to interest and part to loan principal. The three mentioned displayed the principal payment but the interest did not show. Again, thanks for responding. You made a good point.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. You are correct that there could be a difference in payee. I was searching for category and the payee was correct in each one. In running a different report asking for this as well as a second category related to principal payment, the report missed every transaction in 2017. I spent almost 2 hours on chat with the Quicken tech, even reinstalling Quicken. He suggested I call support rather than use the limited chat resource. I deleted the saved report and created a new report for the same category and it did show all the transactions. I probably will delete all my saved reports. It was time consuming but relatively simple with only this limited number of transactions to check which did not show. Each of these transactions were split, part to interest and part to loan principal. The three mentioned displayed the principal payment but the interest did not show. Again, thanks for responding. You made a good point.
    Saved reports are known to have conversion issues when we upgrade Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.