changing auto fill name

One of my credit cards has changed its name and I updated the card name and the memorialized list for the new info.. However when I reconcile the account and go to the linked checking account, the old name shows up. How do I get rid of the old name. Past posts on this subject do not work. I run quicken H&B on windows 10.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rfs1111 said:
    One of my credit cards has changed its name and I updated the card name and the memorialized list for the new info.
    Please explain how and where you changed the name. This needs to be done under the Accounts List.
  • rfs1111
    rfs1111 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding. I changed the name in the accounts list ( tools accounts) and in the memorialized payee list. When I reconcile the account under the new name, the old account name shows up in the check register when I pay the credit card. I can change it manually, but I would like to eliminate that old name if possible.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have added the name to the Renaming Rules.
  • rfs1111
    rfs1111 Member ✭✭
    I did not consider that the old name was coming forward from a past payee name in the checking account register. I was only correcting the current entry name. I performed a search and replace on all old account names and that may solve the issue. I won't know for sure until I reconcile the account at the end of the month. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.