Quicken becomes unresponsive - Quicken Update Status - Connecting

I tried to open one of my investment accounts within the program on a Windows Machine. Quicken popped up a message: "Quicken Update Status" - Connecting. Has been at this screen for 4 hours and the system\program are unresponsive. Is Quicken servers crashing a lot lately?

Best Answer

• JimRN
    JimRN Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It was not the Quicken software update, it was the Quicken update runnning to the investment sites that was freezing. I reinstalled Quicken after backing up my data and rebooted the computer. It is working now.

And yes, I am a Registered Nurse - retired from ER

Cheers
    Jim

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opening an investment account shouldn't cause an online update ... so what else are you doing?
    And, what fund company or brokerage firm?  When you do TOOLS, Account List, what does it say in the "Transaction Download" column adjacent to that account?
    Lastly, what Q product are you running?  What BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

And as a total "aside", does RN mean "Registered Nurse"? My wife is an NP.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JimRN
    JimRN Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It was not the Quicken software update, it was the Quicken update runnning to the investment sites that was freezing. I reinstalled Quicken after backing up my data and rebooted the computer. It is working now.

And yes, I am a Registered Nurse - retired from ER

Cheers
    Jim
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fix would suggest that you had an incomplete, or corrupted, Q program installation.
    Glad that you got it working.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.