Can you budget for half a month?

Options
Hi,

I've searched for this all over and can't find it - I get paid twice a month, so I budget by 1st half and second half of the month, currently in a spreadsheet.

I have my first half of the month bills, first half income and first half discretionary funds all allocated in my spreadsheet. Then, on the 15th, I add in the 2nd half bills, refill discretionary categories, and add in my income for second half.

I really don't like budgeting for the whole month at once, especially since I don't get paid all at once, and don't know at the start of the month what all my income and expenses will be.

Can Quicken let me setup the budget for 1st half/2nd half? I couldn't figure out how to do this, but it would be nice to ditch my spreadsheet and do everything in Quicken...

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken's budgets are built around months; I'm not aware of a way you could do what you describe.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken's budgets are built around months; I'm not aware of a way you could do what you describe.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mpegraham
    mpegraham Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the answer, that’s what I figured, but was hoping I was wrong!!

I’m surprised this isn’t more common, I would’ve thought more people would budget like I do, but I guess I’ve always been different! ;-). I’ll stick with my spreadsheet.
This discussion has been closed.