Unable to sync with Desktop

Options
I am suddenly unable to sync data put into my cloud account with my desktop account. When I use the sync button, information flows from my desktop to the cloud, but not the other way. Any thoughts on how to correct this are appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jay Ginsberg
    Options
    When traveling I log onto the web site and put charges to my credit card into the web app. My problem is that information I put into the cloud app is not coming to my desktop when I sync. I assume I am using the correct file name for my sync because the data is going correctly from my desktop program to the cloud. Could I have accidentally made the two-way sync only one way?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Jay Ginsberg

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

The mobile/web sync is by default a two-way sync and doesn't have the option to switch between two-way to a one-way.  However, based on the behavior you are describing, it does sound as though there may be a "mismatch"  in the internal sync database.

This is a silly question, but just to confirm, you have opened the desktop Quicken software and performed a sync from either the One Step Update or the Mobile & Alerts tab - is that correct?

If so, please go to the Edit menu > Preferences option and select "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts" from close to the bottom of the left side. 

On the right side of the window, under the Mobile & Alerts section - is there a blue "Get Started" button?  Or do you see a link to reset the cloud data?

If the "Get Started" button is visible, please pause here and post back to let us know.

If the link to reset the cloud data is listed, please select the "Cloud Accounts" option from the left side of the Preferences window, hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys on the keyboard and while holding the keys click on "Edit Cloud Account Name".

What are the last four digits of the listed "Dataset ID"?

Please let us know, thanks again.

Sarah
  • Jay Ginsberg
    Options
    Hi Sara,

Thanks for your email. I have indeed tried to sync the accounts using the desktop program Sync button without success. I followed your instructions and did not see the blue start button. I therefore brought up the database ID and the last four digits are 2096. I hope this helps resolve the issue. Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks,

Jay
  • Jay Ginsberg
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I initially tried to sync using the button in the Mobile and Alerts tab.

I have reset the cloud data as you suggested and that seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Regards,

Jay
This discussion has been closed.