Why can't I sign into Quicken Deluxe?

I have tben trying for over 4 hours today. This happens quite often.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you sign-in to quicken.com using your Quicken ID/Password?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jimmy-b
    jimmy-b Member ✭✭
    Every time I try to sign into Quicken.com it doesn't recognize my password and I have to reset it. This is another issue that I have just noticed. Had to change password just to answer your question. My biggest problem is trying to sign on to Quicken Deluxe and I get an error report that says "Quicken Didn't close correctly" It always closes with no problem after saving my work.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    The username/password for the Quicken Community is independent of your quicken.com username/password. the Quicken ID/password is the same for quicken.com and Quicken itself.

What version of Quicken are you using? What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender?
  • jimmy-b
    jimmy-b Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Deluxe Version R21.17. I am a subscriber so everything is kept updated and revised. I am not using any of the backups you mentioned. I do use IDrive to back things up and to keep my devices in sync. I do not use Widows Defender, instead I use Bitdefender. I am thinking that IDrive may be an issue as it is trying to sync things from previous Quicken sessions when trying to sign on. I have disabled it and still have a problem signing on. If you think that could be a problem, do you have a solution to make Quicken and IDrive work together?
    Thanks for your assistance.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you insure the data file is not accessed by another program (such as iDrive) while Quicken the data file is open in Quicken: https://www.idrive.com/help/Windows/view_excluded_files

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    jimmy-b said:
    Every time I try to sign into Quicken.com it doesn't recognize my password and I have to reset it.
    Hmmm... ignoring the desktop Quicken software for a moment,
    if you can't successfully log into the Quicken.com website with your Quicken ID and associated password - I would think that is the first problem to be solved -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jimmy-b
    jimmy-b Member ✭✭
    Okay, How do I fix the sign in problem. I have changed my password every = time I log into Quicken .com to even answer the questions I have asked. = I have done this the past three days. I am answering your email as a = reply because I can=E2=80=99t log into Quicken.com

I have just excluded the C:\Users\jimmy\IDrive-Sync\Jim_Barb=E2=80=99s = Quicken.QDF Are there any other files that I should exclude pertaining = to Quicken?

Thanks,

Jim
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I don't know what happened to your post but it's hard to read. You can't reply to emails from the community. Yes or No, can you sign-in to your account on quicken.com?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"jimmy-b ,

Your Quicken Data File name is too long. Shorten it.
    Example:
    thecreator.qdf

Path=Documents\Quicken\thecreator.qdf

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect your password management may be having difficulty distinguishing between two distinct authentication domains: community.quicken.com and quicken.com.  The Quicken ID used by the data file maps to the credentials used by quicken.com.  The credentials associated with community.quicken.com are independent.

In other words, when you change the password you're using in the community, you are not changing the password you're using in the data file or quicken.com and when you change the password you're using in quicken.com or the data file you are not changing the password you're using in the community.
  • jimmy-b
    jimmy-b Member ✭✭
    No, I can't sign on to Quicken.com This is the error I get after entering my existing USERID and password. I have to request a password change every time I want to sign on to Quicken.com. this is one problem, but my real issue is trying to sign into Quicken Deluxe.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I don't understand why you have to request a password change every time you want to sign-in to quicken.com. Also, if you're having problems signing in there, you coming have trouble signing into Quicken. You need to make sure your Quicken ID/password are correct. Maybe it's time to contact Quicken Support.
  • jimmy-b
    jimmy-b Member ✭✭
    Yes to all of your questions and the error on the sign in looks just like the example you provided. and yes I have double checked both the userid and the password.
    Sorry for taking all of your time. Like one of your associates said, it's time to contact customer support.
This discussion has been closed.