Price day change not updating for 2 securities

2019 v.R21.17 Build 27.1.21.17 After downloading quotes, 2 securities do not show Price Day Change. All other securities display the correct info. NMCO added today, NZF has been in portfolio since April this year. NZF displayed correctly in QW27.1.18.15 but has not since that version. If I right click on either symbol, click add to watch list both will then show the Price Day Change. Both are on the watch list already and download quotes is selected. It is just an annoyance. I have a work around but it worked fine in earlier version so something is not right in the newer versions.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Quicken's display is not being updated properly.

Try changing the As of date to one day earlier and then back. Does that cause it to display properly? Please post back and let us know.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Resetting the date shows the price day change but as soon as I download the quotes again it goes right back to an empty Day Price Change field for those two securities. All other securities display all of the info.
  • What doesn't make sense is the two securities that were added most recently are the ones that don't display correctly. NZF was added in April and displayed correctly until the next Quicken update. Day Price Change has not displayed for that security since that 1st update. NMCO was added 2 days ago and has never displayed correctly unless I right click on any other security in the portfolio and then click on add to watch list. That populates the Day Price Change field for both securities. All other securities (5) have been in the portfolio for at least 2 years and never a problem.
  • Jim_Harman
    Yes it's weird. For some reason this problem is inconsistent and appears to mostly affect recently added securities. I think it has to do with whatever in Quicken triggers a recalculation/update of the Portfolio view. After you get it to display correctly, the problem will return if you exit and restart Quicken.

As of July there is an open ticket with Development to address this issue but no ETA for a fix.
  • Don't even have to restart Quicken for the problem to reappear. Just downloading quotes again causes the problem.
  • PeterN
    PeterN Member ✭✭
    Same problem. BA (Boeing) always shows zero for Price Day Change %. Other stocks are OK. This has been going on for months. QUICKEN SUPPORT: This has been reported by several other users. PLEASE fix this.

[Quicken Premier 2019 R22.17 27.1.22.17]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please go into Tools / Security List and show us the two security entries in question.

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Jim_Harman
    @PeterN,

If you change the As of date to the previous day then return to today, does the Price Day change display properly? If so, this is a known problem that allegedly being worked on by Development.
  • IceHouse
    IceHouse Member
    I received an update yesterday. R35.26 This bug is still not fixed. Is there a schedule for the fix?
  • Jim_Harman
    Quicken never announces a schedule for fixes. Because this issue does not affect all users and has a pretty simple work-around, I suspect it has a rather low priority.

It is still annoying though