Defining Payees that should not be renamed

Options
I see one of the new features in Quicken Mac 5.12 is:

Define Payees that you don’t want renamed. The Payee name will stay as is when it comes from the bank.

How do you do this? I don't see any option in the payee list to tell Quicken not to rename the payee. What am I missing? I suppose I could make a renaming rule that accomplishes this, but the description suggests the feature is independent of doing this.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @DrGForce I would just define a renaming rule to rename a Payee to the same name, if that's what you want. I don't think there's a checkbox hidden somewhere to say "don't rename a Payee with this name", but you can make a renaming rule to say:  If Statement Name contains "XYZ" set Payee name to "XYZ". That will prevent a download of "XYZ" from going through the cloud-based renaming engine to get turned into something else. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If you want this globally (as in all your transx are downloaded from the bank as is), then you will want to go to Preferences: Connected Services and uncheck the option to "automatically improve the quality of downloaded payee names and categories"

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @DrGForce I would just define a renaming rule to rename a Payee to the same name, if that's what you want. I don't think there's a checkbox hidden somewhere to say "don't rename a Payee with this name", but you can make a renaming rule to say:  If Statement Name contains "XYZ" set Payee name to "XYZ". That will prevent a download of "XYZ" from going through the cloud-based renaming engine to get turned into something else. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.