Update Share Balance doesn't work

Yet another issue with Quicken 2019 (Windows). The Update Share Balance function doesn't work. The link Update Share Balance link takes me to the Update Cash Balance Screen. No way to access the update share balance screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's go back a couple of steps to get more info.
    What Q product are you running? What BUILD of Quicken?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    I assume that you're talking about an Investment of some kind. What type? And what security & type of security are you talking about?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RonWo you are correct. This is a recent change in Qwin subscription.  Previously the update share balance would add a Placeholder.  Now for new data files it puts in an Added or Removed transaction but for old data files it shows the wrong dialog. 

I wish they would fix this. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • RonWo
    RonWo Member
    NotACPA --
    Quicken 2019. Version R21.17 .
    Build 27.1.21.17
    It occurs when I try to update the share balance in an investment account (i.e. brokerage account). It's not specific to a security since I can't get to the screen to select the security whose balance I want to update.
  • RonWo
    RonWo Member
    NotACPA - it's Quicken Deluxe 2019 . Version R21.17
    Build 27.1.21.17
  • RonWo
    RonWo Member
    Thanks.
  • mikegahan
    mikegahan Member ✭✭
    When I click "Update Share Balance:, the Update Cash Balance box appears. Please address fixing this.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• On Sunday (with a current version), I was able to run the Update Share Balance screens (from quarterly 401k statements), but the placeholder transactions that were entered were INCORRECT. Hopefully the known bug encompasses this. I had to put the previous statements into excel and enter the add shares manually with the difference between statements.
  • RonWo
    RonWo Member
    Thanks rocket. that clarifies.
This discussion has been closed.