Bank OZK - error OL-221-A

I have had online Bank OZK account (Arkansas based) for many years and this past weekend Bank OZK updated online access. My Quicken userid/password have been updated and Bank OZK generates correct file type (**.qfx) for download but Quicken will not accept & auto-generates OL221A error message.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same problem. Bank OZK has lousy customer service and is no help. Quicken support told me the download file is unrecognizable by my Windows Quicken. No one at OZK has a clue. The OL-221A error persists. Please help.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mikechastain & @Russ48 What's the FULL AND EXACT name of your bank, as shown in Quicken?
    There are multiple banks of Ozarks in their name, and NO "Bank OZK".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    It is 'Bank OZK' routing # 082907273
  • Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    Snapshot attached
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I finally found them.  Seems that they're fairly new to Quicken ... and I was looking at an outdated FI list.
    Per FIDIR,TXT,
    Bank OZK    https://www.ozk.com    (800) 274-4482    https://www.ozk.com    ACTIVE         BANKING&WEB-CONNECT         BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT
    They support both Web Connect and Express Web Connect. SO, have you tried initiating a ONE-TIME download from their website to import into Q?  That sometimes "shakes loose the cobwebs".

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

• Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    Quicken support watched me as I attempted to do a download from their website. But when we tried to file import Quicken couldn't read the format. Quicken support said it's a Bank OZK problem. Ugh
  • Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    + their website meaning Bank OZK's website.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they're new to Q, it's certainly possible that Bank OZK hasn't created the file properly ... which WOULD make it the bank's problem.
    BTW, a QFX file is a simple text file, although with a complicated internal layout.
    Have you tried saving the downloaded file and opening it with WordPad or NotePAD (not MS Word) and seeing if anything jumps out at you?
    Also, take a look at the OFXLog.txt to see if there's any further info there.

• Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    I did download the file again from Bank OZK's website and opened it in WordPad. Just a lot of data, and I see transactions. I'll call the bank again Monday to try customer support. Thanks.
  • dave hulett
    dave hulett Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    BAnk OZK is NOT new to Quicken. I've been using Quicken with them for 6 years. whoever said that probably wasn't aware that they changed their name last year.
  • Bank OZK Routing # 082907273 & customer care has initiated ticket to resolve OL-221-A & OL-221B errors that are occurring since Bank OZK implemented enhanced online access security 10 days ago. I do have trouble free access & Quicken download without error from my Bank OZK commercial account.
  • Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I finally was able to talk to a Bank OZK customer service rep who was knowledgeable and said that OZK technical support was aware of the problem. I have serious doubts that the issue will be resolved anytime soon. The download issue is with Personal accounts (I don't have any commercial accounts). Thanks again for the info.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can download the QFX file and save it -
    then "open with" Notepad and look at the top .... for these beginning entries -
    <FI>
    <ORG>B1
    <FID>10898
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>10898
    </SONRS>

What does YOURS have in this section -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    This may be more than you need:

<FI>
    <ORG>IDS
    <FID>
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>
    <INTU.USERID>2249606
    </SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems to indicate to me that your problem is caused by the bank not including the bank's identifying number in the file.
    If the bank we are talking about is
    • 05963    05963    05963    Bank OZK    https://www.ozk.com    (800) 274-4482    https://www.ozk.com    ACTIVE         BANKING&WEB-CONNECT         BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    then please try this:
    Edit the downloaded file with Notepad or Wordpad and make this change:
    <FI>
    <ORG>IDS
    <FID>5963
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>5963

Save and import.
    If the file now imports properly, we have found the cause.
    Now all that needs to be done is for you to convince the bank to fix their download file ... yeah, I know, easier said than done ...

• Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    You are a genius!! It worked! I'll try to contact Bank OZK tech support. Thanks so much
  • dave hulett
    dave hulett Member ✭✭✭
    I was finally able to get quicken to download transactions after this upgrade.
    I don't even know where to begin on how I fixed it. but there is a closed thread about merging credit cards that helped me. and I had to go and manually delete 2 1/2 months worth of transactions but it all balances now and works as it should. whew!
  • Russ48
    Russ48 Member ✭✭
    Well, Bank OZK personal accounts do download now. I also had to delete 2 1/2 months of transactions from several Bank OZK accounts to get to the ones that were actually new. Would it be too much to ask OZK to fix the transaction detail which Quicken uses for the 'memo' line? I would like to see the actual transaction description instead of 'Withdrawal Processed' for every single transaction! Good grief!!
This discussion has been closed.