Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is there a way to delete a Quicken Cloud file?

I have Quicken installed on my desktop and on my laptop with data being synced from the desktop. Unfortunately I have edited the cloud name several times which is causing problems with syncing. Is there a way to delete all of the obsolete files and leave only the open file? A method is shown on Quicken support but the list of files is not shown.

Best Answer

• ShiftyON
    ShiftyON Member
    Accepted Answer
    I ended up calling Quicken support. The problem is caused by me being over the number of allowed databases. The issue was resolved when the limit of databases was removed and I was able to log into a cloud account again. My other databases were not deleted however.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can delete any/all extraneous cloud accounts.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Unfortunately I do not get the menu which lists the cloud data files. I am thinking that it may not be offered in Canadian versions of Quicken.
  • cmzs
    cmzs Member Beta
    I am using Quicken Canada and when I select Preferences from Edit menu, it is the last item in the list of preference types on the left side (see image below).

I don't use Mobile and Web so I just get an error message saying Quicken could not retrieve my cloud information when I select the Cloud Accounts preference type.
  • ShiftyON
    ShiftyON Member
    Accepted Answer
    I ended up calling Quicken support. The problem is caused by me being over the number of allowed databases. The issue was resolved when the limit of databases was removed and I was able to log into a cloud account again. My other databases were not deleted however.
  • I was served by a very nice CS agent in Guatemala.
This discussion has been closed.