Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Bill Reminders don't always update correctly - skipping months (updated topic)

123457»

Answers

• jghughes3jghughes3 Member ✭✭
    for the last 6 months the online biller function has been incorrectly changing future reminders. i have set up a bill reminder for my visa bill for $1000 each month. i have linked the credit card account in quicken to the online biller in quicken. this used to update the upcomming bill amount the the actual amount due but left all the subsequent bill reminders at $1000. even with the latestest release R21.17 the current amount due is applied to ALL the future reminders for the biller. this makes the budgeting task useless!
    can somone from Quicken get this addressed?
  • I am also running on R21.17 and my bill reminders are skipping ahead 6 months. I've tried deleting the reminder and re-entering it and it is still happening. I can't operate like this!! Is there a solution??
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Running R21.17 - and just went thru my "calendar" and the overall Bill & Reminders.
    And YES - mine have skipped ahead ONE month for some of the monthy recurring bills.  I still get paper bills for a couple of reasons, and this would trigger my entering the Reminder entry. 
    Having just paid for September, I am missing several upcoming dates for October - as they are showing - November - for the next monthly payment. 
    I'm not going to edit and update them, I'll just enter a manual transaction and see what happens in November. We will "Enter" them, and they should update to the next payment - what will it be ?????
    EDIT ---> Changed My Mind -
    just updated the entries to reflect next date in OCT vs Nov or Dec.
    Will see if skipping is related to "ignore" or normal Enter of Reminder transactions.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Lisa BynumLisa Bynum Member ✭✭
    For at least 6 months now, my monthly scheduled bill reminders are skipping months. The ones that are automatically entered don't skip, but the reminders do. For example, my mortgage is scheduled on the 10th of every month. I paid it Sept 10 but it doesn't show as due again until Nov 10. I have removed it and set it up again, same issue. I just checked and 9 of my October bills are showing as not due until November. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Been seeing this for a couple months now.
    R21.17
  • QuickmanQuickman Member ✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    > Running R21.17 - and just went thru my "calendar" and the overall Bill & Reminders.And YES - mine have skipped ahead ONE month for some of the monthy recurring bills.  I still get paper bills for a couple of reasons, and this would trigger my entering the Reminder entry. 
    > Having just paid for September, I am missing several upcoming dates for October - as they are showing - November - for the next monthly payment. 
    > I'm not going to edit and update them, I'll just enter a manual transaction and see what happens in November. We will "Enter" them, and they should update to the next payment - what will it be ?????EDIT ---> Changed My Mind -
    > just updated the entries to reflect next date in OCT vs Nov or Dec.
    > Will see if skipping is related to "ignore" or normal Enter of Reminder transactions.

I have always updated the entries for the last few months though they have still again skipped at later times.
  • kreisbuchkreisbuch Member ✭✭
    Running R21.17 and yes this happens on all my payment reminders. It occurs after a Quicken restart. Immediately after I make a payment the reminder date is correctly changed to the next cycle date (in my case monthly on the nth day of the month). After I restart Quicken it is moved again, thereby skipping a month.
  • Lou GargiuloLou Gargiulo Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    This issue has been going for at least three years on and off. A schedule transaction is suppose to appear for lets say October 1st instead it advances to November 1st. If your not careful you will miss that months scheduled and not cut a check. It requires me to check my scheduled bills on a daily basis which defeats the entire purpose of the automated process. I have been a Quicken user since the early 90's. (edited)
  • KleinDanielKleinDaniel Member ✭✭
    If a Quicken tech support person is monitoring this question would it be too much to ask for a response that says, yes we know about this problem and we are working on it?
  • QuickmanQuickman Member ✭✭
    > @KleinDaniel said:
    > If a Quicken tech support person is monitoring this question would it be too much to ask for a response that says, yes we know about this problem and we are working on it?

Here, here. Agreed
  • Quicken team - Is there any update on this vital issue? Please respond thank you
  • I just paid October bills from the Bill Reminders screen in R21.17, Build 27.1.21.17.

The manual bills I paid and sent to BillPay disappear from my Bill Reminder list until April, 2020.

I am now reduced to maintaining a manual list of bills so as to not miss paying any.

This does not portend well for subscription renewal when the time comes, as Quicken 2019 is reduced to a semi-manual personal finance ledger.

Sure would like to see some response from the Support crew.
  • BSniggetyBSniggety Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Using the latest version of Quicken Deluxe and it did an update today. Bills are still skipping out into April of 2020. I deleted the most of the bill reminders last and re-added them. This didn't fix the problem. Can we please get an official response to this? Why is this not on the "known issues" list when the problem has reached 7 pages deep? I'm seriously 1 step away from switching to another piece of software and filing in small claims for the pro-rated remainder of my subscription cost.
  • Lisa BynumLisa Bynum Member ✭✭
    > @"Lisa Bynum" said:
    > For at least 6 months now, my monthly scheduled bill reminders are skipping months. The ones that are automatically entered don't skip, but the reminders do. For example, my mortgage is scheduled on the 10th of every month. I paid it Sept 10 but it doesn't show as due again until Nov 10. I have removed it and set it up again, same issue. I just checked and 9 of my October bills are showing as not due until November. Anyone else having this issue?

Clearly many are having this issue - for some reason no topic came up for me when I searched for it. I am also up to date on fixes (as I always am). This is incredibly frustrating and if not fixed soon, I will be forced to find another bill software. Which I don't want to do since I've been using Quicken since the 90s. But paying bills is the primary reason we all use this software and I'm disappointed to see this issue has been going on so long with no fix.
  • rjohn10rjohn10 Member ✭✭
    UPDATE: I have been using the latest update, R21.17 for a few weeks now,,,, sadly, nothing has changed , at least for me. I have talked to Customer Support at least 7 times, All calls ended the same, NO FIX. I have been escalated to level 2 three times and received 2 call-backs from managers. This last call-back, about 4 days ago will most likely be a waste of time also. The Rep. I spoke to had never even heard of the problem but seemed sincere in wanting to be of help.
    He did ask for a Sanitized Data File. That's a data file that's processed within the program before you hit the "send" button. Supposedly it removes all your personal data, names, account numbers, passwords, prior to sending, then it sends just the numbers, to be analyzed for errors that do not otherwise show up during file Validation. we'll see but I am not hopeful. I think the end may be near. All the reasons which led me to purchased quicken are gone, and quicken does not respond as expected. I am surviving ,temporarily, by keeping a hand written list of all bills due and all payments made. :# My problem continues: All bills I pay, no matter the account, will return with a "Scheduled to be paid" status, the amount of that bill is again subtracted from my balance and if I am not super cautious and inadvertently click it, that bill will be paid AGAIN.
    All I can say now is WOW.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the various issues with scheduled transactions (reminders) and we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our Product Teams have been hard at work creating multiple solutions targeted at resolving the reported issues with scheduled transactions, e.g skipping months, duplicating entered transactions, reappearing as due/overdue after entry, etc.

There are several fixes for the Bills & Income scheduled reminders included with the upcoming R22.12 release for Quicken for Windows 2019 (subscription) version.

The R22.12 release is estimated to be released tonight (9/23/19) to all subscribed Quicken members.

**Please be aware, this is an estimate and may be delayed if any issues/concerns are found**

Due to the large size of this thread and number of comments; we are closing this post and ask that if Users experience an issue with scheduled transactions (reminders) after updating to the R22.12 version to please create a new post detailing the issue.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.