Home Quicken for Windows Installing and Updating (Windows)

Is there a way to install ONLY version 18.16 and prevent updates?

JimRNJimRN Member ✭✭
The last functional version of Quicken Home and Business I have found is 18.16. Is there a way to only get that version and install it without updating to the latest broken version?

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JimRN ,

Yes, you can, however be aware, that updates come out to fix problems, and some problems involve One Step Updates. So if you go back and start having problems connecting, the only way to fix, is to update.
  • JimRNJimRN Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the response. However it is the "patches" that are in fact the problem. Each one since version 18.16 has wiped out all of my custom reports. I called and talked with Quicken support, they indicated they had a few others with the same issue but were unable to fix it or replicate it. All I want is a version that downloads bank and investment information. So I will try the install of the older version without the Internet so it does not force an update to the latest crappy version. Cheers
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As briefly mentioned above - you can use the Windows User Account Control level -
    set your Windows UAC setting appropriately.... and you will be prompted prior to any software installations or modifications -

Here's how to turn Windows - User Account Control (UAC)
    on or off in Windows 10:
    1. Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. ...
    2. Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    3. Then do one of the following: ...
    4. You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.