I cannot download credit card transactions from - PC Financial Mastercard - Canada

denisd
denisd Member
When I try to export credit card transactions from my PC Financial (Mastercard) website, I select Export to Quicken which starts a red line going in a circle but nothing else happens. Not sure what I am doing wrong but it does not appear to download anything. Any assistance in figuring out what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest calling PC Financial and asking why transactions aren't downloading.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • denisd
    denisd Member
    I did and they suggested I contact Quicken support. PC Financial's website is not the greatest at being useful but I guess they are slowly trying to rebuild their client service since they sold off their banking division and only kept their MasterCard division.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What web browser are you using to access the PC Financial website?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • denisd
    denisd Member
    I have tried Microsoft Edge and Firefox
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I just looked in the Quicken FI file - which lists ALL supported companies -
    I don't see anything for "PC Financial" - is there another name or website ?
    OH WAIT - ARE YOU ARE IN CANADA  - as PC Financial is -
    Will suggest this topic gets moved to the Canada section...
    also added "Canada" to the topic title
    What version of Quicken are you running -- Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• denisd
    denisd Member
    R16.22 Canadian Edition
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    denisd said:.... I select Export to Quicken which starts a red line going in a circle but nothing else happens. ....
    Since we can't see the PC Financial screen you are looking at,
    and how it represents the option of downloading/exporting data to Quicken,
    we are all kinda guessing here....
    You select the transactions for a period of time you want.
    Then, one of the options is to "Export to Quicken" - ? - does it mention a file format ?
    And just to clarify - it can't be a Quicken problem - as Quicken is not even involved at this point during this download/export of data from the PC Financial online website.
    You are merely downloading a file from their website - and will later have it Imported into Quicken.
    As an example - here is my bank "download" menu screen

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALSO - you might search around this forum -
    or the general web for other postings about PC Financial and Quicken....
    There are lots on the web -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• denisd
    denisd Member
    That is what I was thinking but PC Financial seems to say it is a problem with Quicken. Like I said earlier, PC Financial has a long way to go when it comes to helping their customers. Thank you all for your input.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Again - if the Quicken program is NOT RUNNING during the attempted download,
    then how could it be a Quicken problem ?????
    Since we can't see what you are doing - screen shots would be great -
    even a photo and posted here would be good...
    When you bring up this "export" screen - does it mention anything about file format...
    or - if you could get a screen capture - that would be great -
    And again - guessing - that you can't do a Quicken ADD ACCOUNT for PC Financial - since they don't appear to have a contract with Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• I have been having the same problem for the past week. I have tried it in both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. I often have problems downloading transactions when I am in Edge, but Chrome usually works. This time neither works. Definitely not a Quicken problem since I am trying to download into YNAB. I haven't contacted them yet, but maybe they need to hear that more people are having difficulties so they will look into fixing it. At least they are now offering Quicken download after removing it for almost a year.
  • denisd
    denisd Member
    Hope you are more successful than I have been with PC Financial help desk! They keep telling me the problem is not with them when it clearly appears to be the case!
  • Pete@
    Pete@ Member ✭✭
    Yeah, of course it's a PCF MasterCard issue. I've tried all the usual suspects (Win10, macOS and Linux with both Chrome and Firefox browsers) with the same result - just the red circle/idle pattern for both 'Export to CSV' and 'Export to Quicken'.

I left a message within their on-line support facility 4 days ago... no response.

I suggest if this feature is important to you, leave an on-line message. It's easier for them to drop a support voice call down a black hole than track/act on a written request. They're clearly having problems, but squeaky wheel gets the oil.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Pete said:
    ....  just the red circle/idle pattern
    for both 'Export to CSV' and 'Export to Quicken'.

I would followup with the CSV download issue -
    kinda takes Quicken out of the conversation.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• I made sure to mention in my message that I attempted both CSV and Quicken formats. We'll see if I hear back from them. Hopefully they will fix it soon!
This discussion has been closed.