Quicken disconnect with Discovercard

My Quicken seems to have disconnected most services with Discovercard. I still have my historical account information and I can manually download new transactions when I log into the Discovercard web site but Quicken will no longer preform automatic downloads, Discovercard has disappeared from my One Step Update list and Quicken password vault, it won't allow me to set up a new password, and there is no action when I try to reset Discovercard online services from the account list. I have even tried establishing a new Discovercard account but Quicken says Discovercard does not recognize my account number and/or password (even though I can still use it to sign in directly). I've probably left out some other things I've already tried but I'm basically out of ideas and stuck.

Saw the Quicken alert with recent Discovercard errors and the fix announcement but still having issues. This has been going on for over two weeks nos

I'd appreciate any assistance or new ideas :s :'(

Best Answer

• Diehard3
    Diehard3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Snowman! Again tried setting up a new account and while Discovercard connected and recognized my account, the screen disappeared and the connection was severed when I hit the "next" button. Continued experimenting with variations, again starting with a complete reinstall but this time I went into the account list and removed my Discovercard account number and userid. Was finally able to establish a new account and with a little pain, transfer my transactions from the old account into the new one. Password is now in the vault again and One Step Update recognizes the account and is doing it's thing.

Fingers crossed, I'll be good . . .

Thanks again!

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When setting up a Discover Card, use Discover Card, not Discover Card Account Center for the financial institution and use Advanced Setup so that you can select Direct Connect.
    Q erroneously asks for the 16 digit account number when it should say username (the one used to login into the website).
    You will eventually get to a screen that refers to add the account, change that to link and select the correct existing account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Thanks Splasher. Knew about Discovercard vice Center but username vice account number was new. Tried new account set up, got to Discovercard which recognized my account, clicked next and the whole process disappeared. Appreciate the info.
  • Just did a complete reinstall and update but problem remains the same. BTW, using Q2019 Premier, version R21.17, build 21.1.21.17
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Backup your data file.  Open Quicken and disable the online banking for your current Discover Card.  Then create a new credit card account and set it up as Splasher suggested, activate the online banking.  If that account downloads properly, then the old Discover card account in Quicken has gotten corrupted.  You should be able to copy all of your transactions to the new account.  You will have to reconnect any transfers into or out of the account (example discover card monthly payments), a pain I know a couple of years I had to do it to fix my main checking account.
  • Diehard3
    Diehard3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Snowman! Again tried setting up a new account and while Discovercard connected and recognized my account, the screen disappeared and the connection was severed when I hit the "next" button. Continued experimenting with variations, again starting with a complete reinstall but this time I went into the account list and removed my Discovercard account number and userid. Was finally able to establish a new account and with a little pain, transfer my transactions from the old account into the new one. Password is now in the vault again and One Step Update recognizes the account and is doing it's thing.

Fingers crossed, I'll be good . . .

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.