New category not on report but figures are included in group. How to correct?

I have followed all the instructions.

Best Answer

• Walter@
    Walter@ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I FOUND THE PROBLEM. I had to go to PLANNING, MANAGE BUDGET CATEGORIES, then SELECT CATEGORY TO BUDGET. Once I clicked on the category and inserted a figure, the category appeared on my report under the proper group.

Thanks for responding

Answers

• David Christopher
    David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
    If category is new and the report is saved, click the gear icon, click categories and put a check on that category. If not a saved report, do same thing to see if this category is checked.
  • Walter@
    Walter@ Member ✭✭
    David. Thanks for your help but it still doesn't work. Again the amount is included in the group but the individual category is not listed below the group as with the other groups. Could it be a flaw in the latest update?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the category marked as hidden?
    Did you assign it to the proper Group?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF there are sub-categories listed under the category ... are there transactions that are NOT assigned to any of the sub-cats, but rather to the Parent cat?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Walter@
    Walter@ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I FOUND THE PROBLEM. I had to go to PLANNING, MANAGE BUDGET CATEGORIES, then SELECT CATEGORY TO BUDGET. Once I clicked on the category and inserted a figure, the category appeared on my report under the proper group.

Thanks for responding
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the budget reports are pre- filtered to include only the categories you have included in your budget. 
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.