I also have the dreaded Biller Already Added Issue

I read a post between Bob and Sarah regarding the subject question. I have a Fifth Third bank credit card that does not show up in my online bills. When trying to link my bill reminder with the Fifth Third Bank Trio credit card, I get the "Biller already added" response.
If Sarah is reading this, could you please remove ONLY that corrupt biller (Fifth Third) from my cloud account on the Quicken Server? My last four digits on my Dataset Id are 1424.

Thank you,
Tim

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tim (@twarner1)

Thank you so much for following the steps, they did work to create the profile data in the billing system that I needed.

I have removed the Fifth Third biller from your profile as requested, so it should now be able to be added and updated successfully, but please let me know if you continue to experience issues.

As to the Cabela's (Capital One) card, I can see that internally the biller account is marked as "locked" with this message from Capital One:

"We're working on an update so you can view, manage, and pay your Capital One bills. In the meantime, please review and pay your bills directly from the Capital One website or app."

I am able to remove the Cabela's biller from your profile, however, you will be unable to re-add this bill until Capital One has completed their update and is allowing connections from our biller service providers again.

For more information, and if you would like to be automatically notified once this maintenance has been completed, please visit here and "bookmark" the Alert by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

If you would still like the Cabela's biller removed, please just let me know and I'll be happy to take care of it :)

Thanks again!

Sarah

Answers

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    My Cabela's Mastercard held by Capital one is also giving me the "Biller already added" issue. When I click on "link it now", it shows the account as "Fifth Third Bancorp CHECKING". When I try to link it to "Capital One Credit Card" with my username and password, it says the biller has already been added. When I click on "manage bills" in the online bills section, it doesn't show either Fifth Third or Capital One credit cards.
    BTW, I'm using Quicken 2017 R19.7 Build 26.1.19.7 on windows.
    Regards,
    Tim
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @twarner1

Thank you for reaching out, although I apologize for the delay in response.

I took the liberty of reviewing your internal account information and attempted to view the online biller information, but could not access the referenced cloud account ending in 1424 to be able to remove the stuck billers, I apologize.

If you are still experiencing the "Biller already added" issues, and haven't already, I would recommend deleting the current cloud account.

Deleting the cloud account should remove the internal biller information and allow you to add the Billers again without receiving an error.  

If needed, the steps to delete the cloud account are available here.

Once deleted, please go back to your original data file and attempt to add one of the billers again - does the error message persist or is the biller now able to be added successfully?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Sarah,
    I did the cloud data delete last year without resolving my problem. I just did it again and rebooted my computer after the deletion. After opening Quicken and changing back to my original file, I tried linking the Fifth Third credit card and was met with the "Biller Already Added". Same results trying to link Cabela's Mastercard (CapitalOne). My data set now ends with 2928 and shows a last sync as "Never". No matter what I do, the sync status doesn't change. My old 1424 dataset had a last sync date of May 19, 2019. Hope you can access my data now and work your magic.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tim (@twarner1)

Thank you so much for following the steps, they did work to create the profile data in the billing system that I needed.

I have removed the Fifth Third biller from your profile as requested, so it should now be able to be added and updated successfully, but please let me know if you continue to experience issues.

As to the Cabela's (Capital One) card, I can see that internally the biller account is marked as "locked" with this message from Capital One:

"We're working on an update so you can view, manage, and pay your Capital One bills. In the meantime, please review and pay your bills directly from the Capital One website or app."

I am able to remove the Cabela's biller from your profile, however, you will be unable to re-add this bill until Capital One has completed their update and is allowing connections from our biller service providers again.

For more information, and if you would like to be automatically notified once this maintenance has been completed, please visit here and "bookmark" the Alert by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

If you would still like the Cabela's biller removed, please just let me know and I'll be happy to take care of it :)

Thanks again!

Sarah
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    OMG! It worked! Thank you so much! I don't suppose there is any user intervention that could solve this problem is there?

I've bookmarked the site you provided. If, after this CapitalOne issue is resolved and I still can't see my Cabela's bill, then I'll ask that you do your magic again.

Do you know why some online bills show a "paid" status with an amount due value until the next bill arrives while some have a blank status and say "awaiting next bill" in the amount due column?

Thanks again Sarah. Great customer service!
This discussion has been closed.