Cannot enter password in "Please Enter Your Password" pop-up

I have read through the post of March 3 with the same title. This did not work for me. Patelco Credit Union is changing from Direct Connect to Web Connect. Perhaps there is a problem at their end. So far no joy. Deactivating OSU (One Step Update) doesn't help as I get back to a screen that requires the old numeric Direct Connect Password. I cannot reset the account because I get back to the enter password pop-up with no input field. I've deleted my vault and just tried to add the Patelco account. Still stuck with the numeric password requirement. Not using OSU, and just manually trying to download transactions connects to Patelco, I get the correct list of my accounts but going to the next step puts me back to the enter password pop-up with no input field

Best Answer

• SusanHau
    SusanHau Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so so much for all your help and quick responses. I've just got off the phone with a Patelco tech and we've figured it out. Their instructions were incorrect. (They do not all downloading of transactions from their website. Also they are switching to Express Web Connect not Web Connect - my mistake.) To convert you have to deactivate and change the name of the financial institution to get to the correct connection server. Oyy.

Thanks again.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SusanHau said:
    ... Patelco Credit Union is changing from Direct Connect to Web Connect. Perhaps there is a problem at their end.
    If what you say is accurate, there is no problem. Web Connect is the method where the user signs onto the bank (CU) website using a browser and initiates a "Download to Quicken" event. If Quicken is correctly configured, it should open to the correct register and provide the familiar download accept screen.
  • SusanHau
    SusanHau Member ✭✭
    ? What do you mean if Quicken is correctly configured? At my end? I don't know how to change Direct Connect to Web Connect on an existing account.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This article should help clarify.

• SusanHau
    SusanHau Member ✭✭
    Thanks but.. I have a version of Quicken that doesn't allow for changing explicitly so I use the option of Deactivating and setting-up. I enter the new Web Connect ID and Pwd, it takes it and then tells me it can't connect. Go to another account and then back again and see that it HAS activated online services. I go to the box below the register and try a manual update. It asks for a password, I give it the Web Connect one and it gives me the pop-up with no input field. I give it the Direct Connect one and looks like it's trying to connect then it stops with no specific error.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not use Web Connect, but I believe you should not have any connection method specified in your case. Deactivate the CU account - do not reactivate. Then follow these instructions.

• SusanHau
    SusanHau Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so so much for all your help and quick responses. I've just got off the phone with a Patelco tech and we've figured it out. Their instructions were incorrect. (They do not all downloading of transactions from their website. Also they are switching to Express Web Connect not Web Connect - my mistake.) To convert you have to deactivate and change the name of the financial institution to get to the correct connection server. Oyy.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.