Set up a Watch List for stocks and indexes in Quicken for MAC 2017+ (5 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Investments
Set up a Watch List for stocks and indexes in Quicken for MAC 2017+
10 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Unfortunately, QM2017 does not have this feature at this time.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Any Date when Mac Quicken may add?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    The answer is simple you cannot do this in QM at the present time,
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2020

Any Date when Mac Quicken may add?

Fred, this is mostly a user-to-user support forum (although occasional Quicken announcements are made here), so none of us have any idea when certain new features might appear. And Quicken almost never pre-announces new features, nor puts dates on them, because development plans can change in an instant due to bugs they need to fix or complications in developing new features.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    I upgraded from Mac Q2007 to Q19. Where is my watch list?
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Just another reason I’d like to stay with Q2007. But it seems I can’t. I seem to work twice as hard to do the same things
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A work-around is to assign a very small lot size for any symbols you want to watch.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks jacobs. I set something up on Yahoo.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken_Tyka  Does the concept of a watch list exist in Quicken Windows, or was this only a legacy Quicken Mac feature.

If this (or any) feature request for Quicken Mac is an existing Quicken Windows feature, and the stated goal of the company is for Quicken Mac to achieve relative parity with Quicken Windows features-wise, then I think this and any such Idea requests should remain active until they are implemented. Ones with low vote totals may understandably be way down the developer priority list -- but they shouldn't be archived away and forgotten.

If, on the other hand, this is not a Quicken Windows feature and is a request to add a unique feature to Quicken Mac, then I think it's fine to archive this (and similar requests) which have not attracted many votes or comments.

My 2¢…
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Yes it is a STANDARD feature on all versions except "modern" QMac.

I do not understand why feature-parity type idea posts are simply not left alone until they get implemented.

BTW, this IDEA has been requested MANY times in the forum....

• galederosa
    galederosa Member ✭✭
    Why dont you have an ability to have a watch list? Stocks that I'm interested in tracking the price of but dont own. I use a workaround of creating a separate account with .1 shares of the stock I'm interested in, but that does change my net worth, even at .1 shares. Amazon trades at over 3k so you can see my point.
  • allenvt
    allenvt Member
    the stock 'tracking' in Qmac '17 is a joke. No Charting of individual stocks. 2007 was MUCH better. I have continued to run a parallel 07 version but as of 3/3/21 I cant download stock prices! What is happening?