Renaming after File Validation

Options
For the first time I actually copied and Validated my data file and I'm thrilled! However, my question (dilemma) is this: My old file was called "Name Financial Data.QDF" The file I have open now is called "Name Financial DataCpy.QDF" When I close my file this evening I'd like the old name back (without the Cpy.) Anybody know how to do this in a simple, easy way?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Coming late to this party ... but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you shorten your Q data file name so that there are 8 or fewer characters before the .QDF and ESPECIALLY that there be no spaces in those 8 characters.
    On multiple occasions, Q has been shown to  misbehave with  long file names and/or names containing spaces.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scooterlam and markus1957: Thank you both! Worked perfectly and I clearly made this into a much bigger problem than it certainly needed to be.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Coming late to this party ... but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you shorten your Q data file name so that there are 8 or fewer characters before the .QDF and ESPECIALLY that there be no spaces in those 8 characters.
    On multiple occasions, Q has been shown to  misbehave with  long file names and/or names containing spaces.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.