How do you get the account value of a portfolio to be the same as a manually entered quote price

I have a 401K with Prudential that I have been unable to get an online update from since August. So I disabled online update and attempted to update the price of the one mutual fund I have in the portfolio. Although I am able to update the price of the mutual fund and the correct market value shows up in the Account Overview page, the value shown in the Total Market Value is showing a smaller value which is the same as it has been for the last 2 months. Does anyone know what I can do to manually update the mutual fund to the current price? I only need to do it once because I have rolled over the 401K because I can't get Prudential or Quicken to solve the issue. So I just need the correct price to show up in the account on the day of the rollover.

Best Answer

• rickjan130
    rickjan130 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I didn't notice that the difference is due to other mutual funds that were sold in May but are still showing a value. I was not lookin at the right thing. Sorry.
    Thanks for the quick reply though.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You have kinda rolled several issues into one long posting ....
    1 - Unable to download 401k data from Prudential
    2 - Update "price" of the mutual fund - and the Market Value appears correct.
    3 - The Total Market Value appears incorrect
    4 - and then you rolled the account out of Prudential -
    so doesn't matter except 1 day.
    Well... will have to experiment - but not sure why the 2 lines should not be the same, without having the Cash be zero.
    Do you have the correct number of shares - and you have edited the Price History

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rickjan130
    rickjan130 Member ✭✭
    I haven't entered the rollover transaction yet because automatic updates aren't working. The Security Value and Total Market Value match in account overview but both are incorrect. See below.
  • rickjan130
    rickjan130 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I didn't notice that the difference is due to other mutual funds that were sold in May but are still showing a value. I was not lookin at the right thing. Sorry.
    Thanks for the quick reply though.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad things were resolved to your satisfaction.
    The problem is compounded by your other mutual fund entries -
    The ones that have the zero Cost Basis -
    and somehow also show a negative market value..with negative shares ?
    I guessed that you only had 1 mutual fund in the account by your wording...
    ... and attempted to update the price of the one mutual fund I have in the portfolio....
    But that wasn't true. 
    I have re-posted your screen grab just for ease of viewing.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.