Does Quicken Deluxe work on a Microsoft Surface Pro

Options
I am thinking of getting a Microsoft Surface Pro to replace my laptop. Does anyone know if Quicken Deluxe has full functionality on a Surface Pro? I have an iPad and the app is pretty much useless as far as reconciling and keeping up to date. Thanks.

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What operating system will be on your Surface Pro?  Q requires the FULL Windows application ... not one of the subset versions that run on many tablets.
    Here's the System Requirements for Q:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have been running Quicken on a Surface Pro 2 for several years with no problems. My machine has Windows 10 Pro. NotACPA is right - it's all about the operating system. I think Microsoft no longer sells the Surface Pro with the crippled operating system Windows RT that they offered for the first few years.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    As mentioned, the Microsoft Surface has gone thru a couple of operating systems...
    There was RT - for the early years,
    then there was S for the "User Security"
    and then the full version of Windows....
    At one point, they were shipped with the S version, which you could easily turn into the full version by a Settings change.... not sure how they are shipped today -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What operating system will be on your Surface Pro?  Q requires the FULL Windows application ... not one of the subset versions that run on many tablets.
    Here's the System Requirements for Q:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have been running Quicken on a Surface Pro 2 for several years with no problems. My machine has Windows 10 Pro. NotACPA is right - it's all about the operating system. I think Microsoft no longer sells the Surface Pro with the crippled operating system Windows RT that they offered for the first few years.
  • Dan Etheridge
    Dan Etheridge Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you guys for your quick responses. Your information is very useful. Appreciate it.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    As mentioned, the Microsoft Surface has gone thru a couple of operating systems...
    There was RT - for the early years,
    then there was S for the "User Security"
    and then the full version of Windows....
    At one point, they were shipped with the S version, which you could easily turn into the full version by a Settings change.... not sure how they are shipped today -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.