Why am I getting error OL-297-A once again trying to connect to American Express

Options
A few weeks ago when trying to run one step update in Quicken I got a message about AMEX having made changes and I would need to deactivate then reactivate that account. I did, and everything went well. Now, this morning, Microsoft did one of their infamous Windows 10 updates and now I am getting the same message again—but this time reactivating the Quicken AMEX account will not work. I have no problem accessing my American Express account online. If I am able to access the account outside Quicken, but not through the Quicken update process, I am having a hard time understanding why; but I am not proud and am certainly willing to be wrong again.

I see numerous instances on this forum about similar problems previously, but those seem to have been resolved.

Best Answer

• budsloan
    budsloan Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your response, Sherlock. After posting my question where I mentioned the Windows update shortly before first seeing the problem, I did a "System Restore" to the previous version and that fixed the problem. I am going to continue using Quicken for a few days, and afterward, post something on the Windows community forum. I don't know how long it will be before Windows updates automatically once again.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297
  • budsloan
    budsloan Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your response, Sherlock. After posting my question where I mentioned the Windows update shortly before first seeing the problem, I did a "System Restore" to the previous version and that fixed the problem. I am going to continue using Quicken for a few days, and afterward, post something on the Windows community forum. I don't know how long it will be before Windows updates automatically once again.
This discussion has been closed.