I continually receive the message to update my account with AMEX. Why?

The AMEX message continually is displayed, but I have followed the instructions accurately. Does anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Willard Teel
    Willard Teel Member ✭✭
    The AMEX message continually is displayed, but I have followed the instructions accurately. Does anyone else have this issue?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you connecting to Amex with Quicken Connect method? If so, change it to Direct Connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Willard Teel
    Willard Teel Member ✭✭
    No, I am connecting with "Direct Connect", but the message appears every time I update my accounts. I cannot get rid of it and the instructions for the update are very easy to follow.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I went thru the AmEx conversion, I noticed in Edit Account Details that my Account Number had changed from a masked card number showing the last 4 or 5 digits of my card number to a long string of character code followed by a "|" and the last 5 of my card number.
    What does it show in your Edit Account Details?
    For me, a "Reset account" from the Online Services tab correctly performed the conversion. Have you tried that yet?
  • Willard Teel
    Willard Teel Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your comments. I do see that I, too, have the "I" followed by five digits. I did select Edit Account Details, but I do not see a "Reset Account" or Online Services tab. I am generally pretty good when it comes to computers, but not in this instance. I am using Quicken Deluxe 2019 for Mac and Mac OS Mojave.
This discussion has been closed.