One Step Update: Unable to update bills. Go to Bills to see more.

Comments

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken - Home, Business & Rental Property
    Year: 2019
    Version: R21.17
    Build: 27.1.21.17

Everytime One Setup Update runs it says:
    One Step Update: Unable to update bills. Go to Bills to see more.
    I click on Bills and find some are marked OVERDUE. Is this causing the error message?
    All of the items in Bills are Manual bills.
    What is the problem?
  • Hello saberman,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, please review this ongoing thread regarding an issue with bill reminders and let us know if it may be what you are also experiencing. 

You may also reference this thread for further discussion of the issue, if you have not yet updated to the R22.12 release.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Neither of these address the issue. I am not having any problem with items being posted on time. The only issue is the error message. What does it mean?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited October 2019
    Hello saberman,

Thank you for providing additional details, although I apologize you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Updating Bills is an online service that can be selected as part of your One Step Update settings. However, when attempting to replicate this myself, I see that the option is only available when I have Online Biller(s) linked in Quicken.

When I removed all Online Billers from my file, the option to Update Bills was no longer displayed in my OSU settings:

After re-adding an Online Bill, the option to Update Bills was again available in my OSU settings:

If you only have manual Bill Reminders, the OSU settings should not include the option to Update Bills, nor should an error be returned.

I am unable to locate a Biller Profile for you in our Biller system, indicating that you do not have any Online Billers set up.

I suggest checking for Online Billers in your Quicken file by going to the Bills & Income tab, clicking on the gear to the top right of the Bills section and selecting Manage Online Billers. Are any Billers displayed in this window? 

Let us know!

-Quicken Natalie

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    >going to the Bills & Income tab,
    I don't have a Bills & income tab. I did manage to add a link to "Go to Bills".
    >Are any Billers displayed in this window?
    Clicked on Manage Online Billers and got:
    "You have no online billers added"
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited October 2019
    Hello saberman,

Thank you for looking into Online Billers and posting back with the results.

It sounds like something may be stuck in the syncing process where it's attempting to connect with an Online Biller of some sort. Have you previously ever used the Online Bills feature, by chance?

I suggest resetting your cloud data to clear up any potential disconnects or snags within the syncing process. To reset the cloud, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    If the issue persists after performing the reset, I'd recommend reaching out to Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting of the issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    >I suggest resetting your cloud data
    As far as I know I don't user any cloud data

>Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    I don't use the Quicken Mobile App -- just the PC version of Quicken.
  • Hello Saberman,

The Quicken Cloud facilitates the use of all Online Services, including eBillers/Online Billers, Investment Quote updates, Credit Score updates, downloading transactions from your bank, transmitting data between your Quicken desktop program and the Mobile/Web apps, and more. You can review this FAQ for more details. 

Resetting the Cloud will refresh everything involved in the One Step Update syncing process. You may also consider reviewing the information and following some of the other troubleshooting steps found here, such as signing out and back into Quicken and/or deleting the Cloud account and then creating a new one, in addition to performing the Cloud reset.

If the issue persists, I'd definitely reach out to Support for more troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie 

This discussion has been closed.