"Phantom" Adjustments in Mortgage Account?

Quicken Premier for Mac, Version 5.12.5 (Build 512.29294.100) running on MacOS 10.15.

I have a fixed-rate mortgage account set up that tracks fine with SunTrust bank (monthly principal/interest values match bank statements). Extra principal payment every month, no escrow. Lately when I have gone into the account, I have noticed a number of entries in the payment register categorized as "adjustment" with a $0.00 amount. Obviously this isn't that big a deal, but any ideas as to why they are occurring?

I *have* been running some "What If" scenarios, and wonder if they are related to those. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce them, however.

Also, add me to the list of users who'd like to see the "Reconcile" function brought back to mortgages.

Best Answer

• Carl E. Belles
    Carl E. Belles Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have not done anything to the account in Quicken, other than periodically change the amount of extra principle paid on the mortgage (roughly once per year).

Of course, because I asked this question, it hasn't added any mysterious adjustments since. :-) I'll see, if it does it again, if I can tie it to any other action.

Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have been unable to recreate what you are seeing. I have tried running multiple "what-if" scenarios and have been unable to create this $0.00 adjustment.

Have you had to deactivate and reactivate this account?

I'm curious if this could potentially be the cause.

Let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Carl E. Belles
    Carl E. Belles Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have not done anything to the account in Quicken, other than periodically change the amount of extra principle paid on the mortgage (roughly once per year).

Of course, because I asked this question, it hasn't added any mysterious adjustments since. :-) I'll see, if it does it again, if I can tie it to any other action.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.