New Calendar year file (Q Mac)

chikadon
chikadon Member ✭✭
I have confirmed with Quicken 2019 support for Mac it is NOT possible to create a Year-End copy and start a new year file for the calendar year. However, as I was told-this IS possible in Quicken 2019 for Windows.
How can Mac users of Quicken 2019 be shortchanged like this?

Best Answer

Answers

• chikadon
    chikadon Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response and clarification. I insist its peculiar that
    Quicken developers would provide a year-end option for Windows but not
    the equivalent for Mac users.
    Mac users would appreciate the choice, particularly long-term users of Quicken 2007 or earlier. I certainly would.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    chikadon said:
    I insist its peculiar that Quicken developers would provide a year-end option for Windows but not the equivalent for Mac users.
    @chikadon It's not a peculiar omission; it's intentional. The quote from the product manager above explains that they felt the year-end files were a work-around created many years ago for limitations and problems with the older generation of databases used by Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac 2007 -- a work-around they didn't think the modern database in Quicken Mac needed.

If you feel there is a good use case for having separate historical files, by all means go ahead and make the case for this feature. (You'd be better to post it in the existing idea thread I referenced above than here.) If users simply say only that it's a feature that Quicken 2007 or Quicken Windows had, they've already answered why they don't see a need to build this feature they think is no longer needed -- but if users can help the developers understand why the absence of this feature poses a bona fide problem for them, they may reverse their position and add the feature in the future.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.