Why does investing.quicken.com show that it is updating on One-Step Update?

Options
Say I do a onestep update with only "download quotes and investment information" checked. The Quicken progress report shows that investing.quicken.com is updating. Why? In my preferences I have no accounts selected for updating to Quicken.com.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check Show just the last update at the bottom of the One Step Update Summary window.
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock. I don't think that has any effect. Do you have a reason to think otherwise?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock. I don't think that has any effect. Do you have a reason to think otherwise?
    If checking Show just the last update cleared the Investing.Quicken.com updated line in the One Step Update Summary, the implication would be you were viewing an earlier Investing.Quicken.com update.  If it hasn't, I suggest checking Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com and selecting Update Now, and then unchecking Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com and selecting Update Now in an attempt to coerce Quicken into behaving properly.
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock. I understand now what you meant. But my post refers to the One-Step progress screen, not the summary. Also it refers to a situation were only the "download quotes and investment information" is selected prior to executing the update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock. I understand now what you meant. But my post refers to the One-Step progress screen, not the summary. Also it refers to a situation were only the "download quotes and investment information" is selected prior to executing the update.
    Have you tried toggling the Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com as I suggested?
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock. There's no investment information of mine in my investing.quicken.com web site. At least none that I see.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Sherlock. There's no investment information of mine in my investing.quicken.com web site. At least none that I see.
    I suggested toggling the Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com:
    press Ctrl + 1, enter the Password Vault password, select Settings..., check Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com, select Update Now, press Ctrl + 1, enter the Password Vault password, select Settings..., uncheck Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com, and select Update Now
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    If I did that, and no investment accounts were selected for synchronization, would no investment information be uploaded to the web?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I did that, and no investment accounts were selected for synchronization, would no investment information be uploaded to the web?
    Yes.
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The message about updating Investing.Quicken.com no longer displays during the update progress window. However, now Quicken One-Step Update Summary reports "Errors during Quicken cloud sync." What is going on. I've disabled everything I can think of that might authorize that. I check on investing.Quicken.com and there does not seem to be any synchronization. But these frequent notices make me wonder if Quicken is secretly gathering investment information without my authorization. I don't really think that's happening. But why am I getting all these notices?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The message about updating Investing.Quicken.com no longer displays during the update progress window. However, now Quicken One-Step Update Summary reports "Errors during Quicken cloud sync." What is going on. I've disabled everything I can think of that might authorize that. I check on investing.Quicken.com and there does not seem to be any synchronization. But these frequent notices make me wonder if Quicken is secretly gathering investment information without my authorization. I don't really think that's happening. But why am I getting all these notices?
    Again, if you haven't already, I suggest you check Show just the last update at the bottom of the One Step Update Summary window.
This discussion has been closed.