Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Bill Reminders skipping months - still not fixed after R23, R24, R25*

Answers

• I have a similar issue with reminders that are due yearly. For all my yearly bill reminders due this year (October-December), Quicken reset them to be due on the same day of the month in January of 2020. The bills due November 1, 2019, go reset to January 1, 2020, the bill due December 8, 2019, got reset to January 8, 2020. etc.

It sounds like a similar problem. Just started happening with release 22.17.
  • I have an issue with reminders that are due yearly. For all my yearly bill reminders due this year (October-December), Quicken reset them to be due on the same day of the month in January of 2020. The bills due November 1, 2019, go reset to January 1, 2020, the bill due December 8, 2019, got reset to January 8, 2020. etc.

Just started happening with release 22.17.
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah,

This only worked on one of the three loans that I have had this problem with in the past. For me, if update the principal balance or edit the payment it will skip the next payment. I updated the balance on three loans, on two it moved the date out a month and on the third it took the change and the payment date did not move.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Thanks,

Lee
  • TharrisTharris Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah.

Thank you for this. It is really encouraging to know this issue is being worked and a solution might be near! I want to test this for you but have a couple of ignorant questions:

To test to see if my issues are fixed by this build, I will need to pay bills using the reminder, send payment to the bank and then see if the reminder progressed correctly to the next month (I do not use online billers). So, transaction downloads will occur from my bank. Once the testing is over and I restore the current version of the program, I assume I will start again with the same file backup that was used for the test. Will all the bank transaction downloads take place again from that same date?

Hope this question makes sense.

Thanks again for working on this issue.

Tim
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi Sarah,

This only worked on one of the three loans that I have had this problem with in the past. For me, if update the principal balance or edit the payment it will skip the next payment. I updated the balance on three loans, on two it moved the date out a month and on the third it took the change and the payment date did not move.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Hi @Lee Lee Edwards"

Thank you for trying the build and posting back with the updated information :)

May I ask, the two loan accounts that still moved the date out a month, are the reminders linked to an Online Biller?

If not, are the loans connected for downloads, or are they manually tracked in Quicken?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
    edited October 2019
    Tharris said:
    Hi Sarah.

Thank you for this. It is really encouraging to know this issue is being worked and a solution might be near! I want to test this for you but have a couple of ignorant questions:

To test to see if my issues are fixed by this build, I will need to pay bills using the reminder, send payment to the bank and then see if the reminder progressed correctly to the next month (I do not use online billers). So, transaction downloads will occur from my bank. Once the testing is over and I restore the current version of the program, I assume I will start again with the same file backup that was used for the test. Will all the bank transaction downloads take place again from that same date?

Hope this question makes sense.

Thanks again for working on this issue.

Tim
    Hi Tim, (@Tharris)

Great question, although I apologize for the delay in response :)

Once testing has been completed and you reinstall the current version of Quicken, you have the choice of using the same data file that was used for testing or returning to the original copy of the data file.

If the same data file that was used for testing is opened, the already downloaded transactions should not download again.

If you open the original data file, that wasn't used for testing, the transactions would download again once the One Step Update is ran.  

I hope this information is helpful, although if I did misunderstand the question, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hi @Lee Lee Edwards"
    >
    > Thank you for trying the build and posting back with the updated information :)
    >
    > May I ask, the two loan accounts that still moved the date out a month, are the reminders linked to an Online Biller?
    >
    > If not, are the loans connected for downloads, or are they manually tracked in Quicken?
    >
    > Please let us know, thank you.
    >
    > Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for help and efforts! Neither loan is linked to an online biller nor are they connected to downloads. (The same for the third that didn't skip.) I used the quicken tool and set them up manually which included setting up the reminder. The two that skipped are both mortgages so there is Principal, Interest and Escrow compared to the third which is only Principal and Interest.

I don't know if that makes any difference. Just trying to give you all the information that comes to mind.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Thanks,

Lee
  • TharrisTharris Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Sarah. That was the question and your answer was what I needed.

I will test the build and let you know how it works.

Tim
  • dbdb Member ✭✭
    So none of the patches have resolved the issue I submitted here on 9/30/19. I'm currently on version R22.17.
    Here is some more information that may be helpful:
    I tried to re-add the On-line Biller that was missing. When I entered the login information for the biller Quicken gave me the following error (see attached).
    I'm wondering whether the zero index has something to do with the issue.
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah. Thanks for making available the DNLbuild.

I installed the build and paid 2 of the 4 historically problematic bill reminders with success - no issues.  The remaining two bill (reminders) will be sent first week of November.  I will leave the DNLbuild on my machine until these last 2 are paid. 

All my bill reminders are manual (on being a loan) and I was previously running R22.17 before testing.

Now....as I reported earlier, I did have success (reminders behaved correctly) last month in paying these same bills, under RE.   The month prior was a mess, documented here.   At least I can say what was successful last month, under R22.15, was not broken in this new DNLbuild!

As I understand your prior response to @Tharris , when I revert back to the Quicken production version, my QDATA file being used under the DNLbuild, with all of the changes made in the next week or so, will work just fine.  No issues with keeping the DNLBuild "online" for a week or two, correct?  That is, you don't plan on dropping any new production builds during this time that may mess things up?!

Just some feedback when I installed the DNLbuild, after uninstalling the current production build....The following installation error was thrown.    Tried  to revert back to production build but same error was thrown.  Deleted the Quicken folder and then successfully installed the DNLbuild.  

• I've experienced a similar problem with Bill $ income reminders I stopped mobile & web sync & problem of re-dating reminders stopped.
    Hi @Scooterlam

Thank you very much for trying the build and posting back with the results so far and your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that an error was receiving during the install of the test build.  Typically performing the QCleanUI procedure will resolve the error and allow for a clean install, although deleting the Quicken folder works as well :)

It's perfectly fine to leave the test build installed for a few weeks while completing testing, since the fix is related to bills we anticipate it being a few weeks before we can gauge the impact.

Once you are ready to reinstall the current version of Quicken I would recommend uninstalling the DNLBuild using the QCleanUI process, otherwise I expect that you'll receive the same installation error as above.

If you do decide to continue using the test data file after reinstalling the current version, there should be no issues, however you may again see duplicating/skipping of the reminders until the fixes have been sent out in a official release build.

Thanks again for the feedback and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Sarah
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    Using Preimer for win 27.1.22.17... After I select "Pay" online bill from Bills tab, when I review bill reminders in Manage Bills and Income, the Bill Reminder date changes to xx.xx.2026. I would expect the bill reminder date to reflect the next due date which would be the month following the paid bill. The bills are scheduled to be paid monthly. Any way to correct this?
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced a similar problem with Bill $ income reminders I stopped mobile & web sync & problem of re-dating reminders stopped.
    I had exactly the same problem. Bill & Income reminders worked fine, but as soon as I synched to Cloud, the dates on some changed.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Robert RalyeaRobert Ralyea Member ✭✭
    This has happened several times berfore. 2019, R22.17, 27.22.17.
    Why doesnt Quicken fix issue before they start new projects.
  • SamSam Member ✭✭
    Some bill reminders skipping to April 2026 using Quicken windows R22.17, build 27.1.22.17
  • My "Bill and Income Reminders" has been incorrectly advancing the reminder date of two transactions by one month. I have deleted and re-entered these reminders, reset the cloud sync and still no solution. Any thoughts?
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "DNLBuild" (fixes to bill reminders) @Quicken Sarah shared on Oct 22 apparently is now in production as R23.14 - my assumption....   The  R23.14 release notes indicate that there were fixes to bill reminders.  Unfortunately, I did not grab an image of the notes before I took the release. Perhaps someone can grab and post them.

NOTE that R23.14 appears to be in a staged release so many of you likely have not seen a notice.  You can check by going to Help>Check for Updates and see if it is offered to you yet.  For me, after an OSU using the DNLBuilld version, the application provided me with a notice to update.

Updating to R23.14 from the DNLBuild was straightforward and I continued to use the same QDATA file while the DNLBuild was installed on my machine.   Dont' forget to backup your data file as you do uninstall/install operations!  @Quicken Sarah  provided some tips on Oct 22-25.

Hope it addresses your (my) skipped reminder issues !

• GeoffreyRadbillGeoffreyRadbill Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    So, my issues are similar, but I don't use Quicken Bill Pay. All my bills are manual as reminders to pay or that the biller will be debiting my checking or credit card for the payment. Two bill reminders are at issue. Enter for an 11/1 annual bill pay. Then, after closing bill tab and re-opening, the due date was changed from 11/1 to 1/1. Have done this numerous times and the due date keeps changing without any intervention from me. Very frustrating. P.S. I am current on all Quicken Updates, running Quicken Premier in Windows 10.

UPDATE: THE BILL DUE DATES ARE CHANGED WITHIN QUICKEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER SYNCING TO THE QUICKEN CLOUD. UGH!
  • bill L2bill L2 Member ✭✭
    using premier 2019 version R23.14 build 27.1.23.14, Had manually paid November loan today. Bill reminder skipped to 12/1/2020. should have been 12/6/2019
  • I just retested this issue with R23.14 and all the yearly frequency bills are advanced from the current due date in 2019 to the same day of January 2020, as they were in the prior release (R22.17).

This happens when I sync to the Quicken Cloud only. The dates remain correct if I uncheck the "Sync to Quicken Cloud" box during the One Step Update.
  • I am so mad!! This glitch has caused 2 payments to Aflac to be missed and the policies canceled. Now I have to go through the reinstatement procedure and hope that they can be restored. I am using Premiere 2019, build 27.1.22.17 and do not sync to the cloud.
  • ProfileXProfileX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm also mad, this has caused me money in overdrafts, since I use the balance forecast to move money in & out of savings, and my mortgage payment didn't show up for October. Normally I would have enough money in overdraft to cover it or would have noticed the payment missing, but I was traveling and just switched jobs, so my paycheck schedule changed. The app also crashes quite often when I close it. Thanks Quicken.

To the users reporting that it only happens to them when sync to Quicken cloud is enabled - I'm seeing this problem and I never sync to the cloud, the checkbox hasn't been enabled for over a year.

[removed - rant/off-topic]
  • Lou GargiuloLou Gargiulo Member ✭✭
    I have over 100 Bills and Income Reminders programmed in my Quicken. Every month without fail 4 or 5 jump one or two months. For example this month I had 4 scheduled for December 1, 2019 that appeared for January 1, 2020 and one scheduled for December 1, 2019 that jumped to February 1, 2020. I have called support numerous times and got no help. I am a 25 year Quicken user I am very familiar with the problem. This is definitely a glich in the Quicken Software. Feel free to call me to discuss.
    I'm running version 23.14. After I synch to the cloud, it changes the dates of a couple of INCOME REMINDERS. These reminders are setup as separate paychecks (bonus payouts). I've tried resetting the dates, but as soon as I synch to the cloud, they become corrupted again.
    As far as Bill Reminders, I have not seen any issues with the dates being changed in version 23.14. I did have problems with 22.17.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    ProfileX said:

To the users reporting that it only happens to them when sync to Quicken cloud is enabled - I'm seeing this problem and I never sync to the cloud, the checkbox hasn't been enabled for over a year.
    What version of Quicken are you running? That's important information. Help >> About Quicken.
  • ProfileXProfileX Member ✭✭
    > @Roger M said:
    > (Quote)
    > What version of Quicken are you running? That's important information. Help >> About Quicken.

I'm running 22.17 on my main computer, 23.14 on a VM, same reminder date issues on both. I don't think it's very important when several people have already confirmed this is still an issue in the latest release.
    ProfileX said:
    > @Roger M said:
    > (Quote)
    > What version of Quicken are you running? That's important information. Help >> About Quicken.

I don't think it's very important when several people have already confirmed this is still an issue in the latest release.
    You should always mention what version you are running.