Allocation by Account and Allocation by Security Graph in Allocations Subtab

Options
Quicken R 22.11, Build 27.1.22.11, Windows

In the Allocations sub tab of the Investing Tab, Quicken automatically generates an Asset Allocation Graph, an Allocation by Account graph and an Allocation by Security graph. For some reason the Allocation by Account and Allocation by Security graphs have a custom date range which I can not seem to change. Under Preferences, I have made sure the default date range for Reports and Graphs is "Include all Dates" but this doesn't seem to work in the Investing tab. If I toggle the settings on each graph, all I get is "see a full-screen view of this graph" option, where I am able to change the date range but goes back to custom range once I close the graph.

I can set-up both of these graphs under the Home Tab and it works fine because under that tab I am able to customize the graph and date range. I don't want to do this because I should be able to do it under the Investing tab.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so have they been able to fix it?

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the date for the Investing > Allocations tab is always today, as shown at the top in the Asset Allocation section. Are you seeing the allocations as of a different date?

If you click the gear next to the security or account charts and select See a full-screen view, you can click the gear at the top right of that and pick a different date.

In addition to these views, you can also see the allocations as of a different date by viewing the Investing > Investment Asset Allocation report. 

Note that Quicken uses the latest asset allocation numbers for all of your securities. If you have a fund whose allocation has changed over time like a target date fund, those changes will not be reflected if you set an earlier date for your chart.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MPo2
    MPo2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response Jim. I realize what you are saying. My problem is the charts on the Allocations sub-tab show a customized date range which I can't change on that view. I realize that you can change the date range in the full screen view but once out of that view the chart on the sub-tab goes back to the customized date range. I want the default on the charts to be "include all dates". That way all the charts, including the allocation chart, will have the same date range. In other words I don't want to go into the full screen view to see the date range I want, I want the default date range to be "include all dates".
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you need "include all dates" for the allocation graphs, and where are you seeing this customized date range?

I would think that only the ending date matters. Are you seeing something other than today as the ending date?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MPo2
    MPo2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    You are correct that the graphs on the sub-tab don't show a date range. However when you click on the gear and go to a full size graph, which is the only option under the gear, the date range on the graph is "custom date". This causes the Asset Allocation (which by default is up to the current date) and the Allocation by Account and Allocation by Security to have different ranges and hence different total values. Currently the Allocation by Account and Allocation by Security have a custom date ranges which ends 3 years back and therefore shows me a portfolio value which is out of date. I want this date range to be "include all dates". Again I can change it on the full size graph no problem. Once I close the full size graph the graphs on the sub-tab go back to the previous custom date range which ends 3 years back. Under Preferences for graphs, I have changed it to "include all dates" but this doesn't seem to work.
This discussion has been closed.