How to change account type?

Options
I want to change banking account, i.e. savings, to ASSET or LiAB

Best Answer

• vince6501
    vince6501 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Deluxe but i used the technique reccomended by another user. I created a Liab account and transferred all transactions from the bank account making sure to reverse sign to negative balance. Then i deleted the bank account.

The account is actually my savings account but it is promised to my granddaughter for her college fund and i wanted to keep it separate.

Thanks for looking into it for me.
    Vince

Answers

• vince6501
    vince6501 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I want to change banking account, i.e. savings, to ASSET or LiAB
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Select the account in the sidebar. Then click menu Accounts > Settings (in the top menu bar). Next to "Type", use the popup menu to change the account type.

If the account is connected online, you will need to disconnect it first. To do this, click the Troubleshooting tab in the Settings, then Deactivate Downloads. If you change the account to type Asset, you will not be able to connect it again to a financial institution.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • vince6501
    vince6501 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Rick,
    Sorry but I am a windows quicken 2017 user.
    Vincent
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vince6501 said:
    Rick,
    Sorry but I am a windows quicken 2017 user.
    Vincent
    Which edition? Starter, Deluxe, Premier or H&B

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• vince6501
    vince6501 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Deluxe but i used the technique reccomended by another user. I created a Liab account and transferred all transactions from the bank account making sure to reverse sign to negative balance. Then i deleted the bank account.

The account is actually my savings account but it is promised to my granddaughter for her college fund and i wanted to keep it separate.

Thanks for looking into it for me.
    Vince
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vince6501 said:
    If your intent is to keep this account separate, this can easily be accomplished by editing the account settings. The account will be listed at the bottom of the Accounts bar.

• vince6501
    vince6501 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, i have done that. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.