Unable to download from BMO - QMac (updated title)

This discussion was created from comments split from: BMO Downloads.

Comments

• Margaret793Margaret793 Member
    My BMO debit card ID and online password are not accepted for Quicken downloads on Mac. Had no problem with Quicken Starter for Windows but wanted to get it onto Mac. May be a bad choice.
  • chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Basing this on BMO Harris in the US:

A debit card is basically a direct withdrawal from your checking account. So you need to set the account up as checking and use your BMO Harris username and password that you access your account online.

As for BMO Harris, since they changed their website recently the correct financial institution to use in Quicken Mac is now BMO Harris Bank. And you must select Quicken Connect as the connection type, as BMO Harris does not support Direct Connect.

The previous financial institution designation BMO Harris Bank N.A. - Retail S.B. no longer works with downloads from BMO.

If you are using the Canadian version of Quicken Mac and BMO Harris, you'll need help from others.
  • ronbergronberg Member
    Since updating to Quicken for Mac v5.13 I now get a message saying "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file". What to do?
  • pfloreapflorea Member
    I'm trying to download banking transactions from BMO Bank of Montreal since Nov 2, 2019. the last time I was able to do this was Nov 1, 2019, yesterday I updated to latest version of Quicken Mac for CANADA, and now it doesn't work!
  • pfloreapflorea Member
    I've updated to latest version, and now am unable to download transactions from BMO Bank of Montreal. Is the issue with Quicken, or with BMO?
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Mac v5.13 Released.
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    As a first step you may want to deactivate then reactivate the account & see if that solves the problem..Do you know how to do that?
  • bbartonbbarton Member ✭✭
    There is another discussion that was started with the same issue. I have the same problem and I do not have a MAC. The error showing is a OL-221-A which Quicken states to contact your financial institution about the issue. Several of us have done so and waiting for a response. We all have had the issue begin on Nov 2nd
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862807/bmo-bank-of-montreal-error-ol-221-a-qwin-updated-title
  • wmobles111wmobles111 Member
    It worked great a few days ago, but today, the arrow spins for 5 seconds, then stops. No error code, jut no downloading. Anyone have any ideas? Ive been using Quicken for over 10 years and have never had this problem.
  • jgordjgord Member
    same problem since last update.
  • Robon11Robon11 Member
    BMO by any chance?
  • CarjaCarja Member
    Yes BMO
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you recently updated your Mac OS to Catalina?
    Have you checked for and/or installed Mac OS updates today?

As a first shot in the dark I'd suggest you close Quicken, reboot your Mac and then start Quicken again.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• CarjaCarja Member
    When I download my transactions from BMO Master Card into Quicken, the payments are not subtracting correctly from the running total. This has just happened since I updated Quicken to version 5.13.2 . This is in addition to the issue with downloading BMO transactions from my bank accounts. I receive "Unable to read the selected web connect file"
  • G StylesG Styles Member
    Since updating to Quicken for Mac v5.13 I now get a message saying "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file". I have seen other post this issue as well. Is there a solution?