Tools Menu

Where do I find the Tools Menue so that I can hide a security I sold?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at the top of your screen: File - Edit - View - Tools - ...

Click on Tools then Security List and check the Hide box for any securities you do not want to see by default in Securities selection boxes. If you want to see securities that are already hidden, check the Show hidden securities box at the bottom. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • drob
    drob Member ✭✭
    That is not the top of my screen---no file, edit, view, or tools appear.
  • Jim_Harman
    The top of your screen does not look like this?

(There might be more options in the menu bar if you have selected Classic menus)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    drob said:
    That is not the top of my screen---no file, edit, view, or tools appear.
    What is there? Can you show us?
    Are you perhaps looking at a Popup Register instead of the Quicken main window?

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Jim_Harman
    If you want to hide securities you have sold in the account's Holdings view or in Investing > Portfolio views, click on the gear at the top right of the view and de-select "Show closed lots" 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    drob said:
    Where do I find the Tools Menue so that I can hide a security I sold?
    For Quicken for Windows, Ctrl-Y will also bring up the Security List through which you can set the hide option.  
This discussion has been closed.