there is an incorrect opening balance difference

Options
I have just reconciled a couple of months statements and when I went on to the next one, the balances are showing up correct when I click the balances button, but on the Reconcile screen, it shows an opening balance difference of the exact amount I am off. there is a transaction for that exact amount that is marked with the check mark for being cleared. this is not the first time this has happened to me in the 10 plus years I have been using quicken!

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current datafile with the running balance of the account register from a datafile backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to do accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.

• nmbates
    nmbates Member
    Options
    the opening balance did not change. I had just reconciled the month before and the difference was at zero when I clicked Done. No other transactions occurred between finishing the previous month's reconciliation and starting the next month. I had not saved the data file between doing the reconciliation for the the two months, I just continued on.
This discussion has been closed.