ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 8 in Before you Buy
Just wondering if anyone was able to get in line
and is testing the new Quicken product - Simplifi
https://www.quicken.com/support/introducing-simplifi

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10

Comments

• bradster62bradster62 Member
    I'm a desktop stalwart. But would be interested in experimenting with the Simplifi product.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7
    Received an email - off the wait list - seems separate & parallel to Quicken... 
    Probably have to re-enter all data -
    like YNAB or other PFS offerings.

• chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Also available free iPhone app which syncs perfectly. The mobile app looks similar to the Mint mobile app.

Downside...not available to add manual account amounts, as yet.

Agreed...this has ZERO to do with Quicken and is an independent product.
    Just started to play...... added my main Chase bank -
    Want to add for "My Investments" - but it doesn't have the breakdown like QW, so might have to try a couple of entries and see which ones work.
    Can't find an entry for - T.Rowe Price mutual funds.

oh crap -
    looks like they have their OWN new discussion forum -
    must be a totally separate business unit

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can't even look at that forum without creating an account. Ugh. Most forums allow looking without logging in.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • mistertheplaguemistertheplague Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 11
    The investments module in Simplifi is mostly "coming soon" right now, so we'll have to wait and see what's on offer. 

I've been messing around with Simplifi for a week or so and I'm underwhelmed. Or maybe confused at what Quicken Inc. believes the value proposition of this product will be.

The interface is clean, though outclassed by (removed)UI, IMO. I get that the point is to present a stripped-down spending-focused cloud app for people who (I guess) don't want to get into the weeds of their financial position, but honestly [removed] and even [removed] (not to mention (removed), I could go on ...) do a better job at what I believe Simplifi is trying to do. 

Since Quicken Inc. intends to charge users for Simplifi, I hope they've got more up their sleeve than what I've seen so far.
  • chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    I agree. If Quicken Inc intends to charge for SimpliFi, this will be a major fail.

Why? (Removed) 

I, too, am playing with this for the time being. It's free for six months and then it's $29.95 a year after that...and that price is probably just the initial offer for the beta testers. So completely new users may or may not pay more (just conjecture). But I really don't need or want a simplified dumbed down personal financial app and I wouldn't pay for it.

What I would really like is for Quicken Inc to get their Quicken mobile and web apps to work reliably and sync quickly from the desktop. Then there would be no need for any of these other mobile or online versions for my situation.

PS My banking app can do what SimpliFi already does. It'll aggregate from other accounts into their app. And it's also free.