Can't add account to sync

Options
I am unable to add account to access online to my phone and on the web. I get error CC-503, bank is saying my password is incorrect. But the same password works when I do a one-step update. If it works one place, why doesn't it work the other?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with the CC-503 error in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know if these steps correct the error.

Please also let us know the name of the financial institution that is receiving this error. 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Davis
    Dave Davis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I reviewed the link and am doing it. I use copy and paste when I can , but as I stated, One Step Update works. Since One Step Update gets the password from the same place online access does, how can the password be incorrect for one and not the other? Also, I can log into the account on the website. What can I do to fix it?

The account is a Discover Credit Card.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Dave,

Thank you for the reply, although I apologize for the delay.

Are you still needing assistance with the CC-503 error when syncing the Discover account in the mobile app?

If so, please try removing the account from Mobile Sync and syncing once more.
    1. Go to the Mobile & Web Tab
    2. Click the Gear Icon to edit your Account Settings
    3. Uncheck the account(s) that are not syncing correctly
    4. Click Update Accounts
    5. Close and re-open the Edit Account Settings window
    6. Re-check the accounts and click Update Accounts to sync again
    https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-online-banking-issues-quicken-mobile-and-quicken-web

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Davis
    Dave Davis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for answering.

I don’t have to deselect the account, as Quicken deselects it, itself, when the error is returned. I can’t try to update without it because of the former, the Update Accounts button is turned off.

So, I’m no farther along than I was before.
This discussion has been closed.