How to rename a fund?

Options
MichaelGG
MichaelGG Member
edited November 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Many funds have similar names, but clearly distinct symbols.
I have one such fund, and I want to change the symbol (and the name variant) from the beginning, i.e., from purchase date to present (2007 to 2019). Can I do that? How?

Best Answers

• MichaelGG
    MichaelGG Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I spent a few hours on this synchronizing, and last step was to 'sell' the # of shares on these funds, and but the same # in the new fund (with NO money involved, just share numbers).
    All three entities matched perfectly: Fund Manager #1, new Fund Manager #2, and my Quicken.)

Answers

• MichaelGG
    MichaelGG Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I spent a few hours on this synchronizing, and last step was to 'sell' the # of shares on these funds, and but the same # in the new fund (with NO money involved, just share numbers).
    All three entities matched perfectly: Fund Manager #1, new Fund Manager #2, and my Quicken.)
  • MichaelGG
    Options
    q_lurker Thanks. I was unclear w/ the manager 1 & 2... My funds got transferred, and that part was probably superfluous. I solved the prob by selling shares in first fund and buying them in the second. Your method would likely be a good solution as well. Thanks for looking, thinking, and responding!
This discussion has been closed.