Quicken has stopped working - Check online for solution?

For some time now, I have been receiving the 'Quicken has stopped working - Check online for solution?' notification from Windows, when I close Quicken. It happens roughly every fourth or fifth time I use Quicken. I have installed several updates since this started, hoping it will have been fixed, but not yet. When it first started happening, it shut down a couple of times at the end of 'One Step Update' but that went away with the first update. Now it is just when I close the product.

I am using Premier R23.14 on Windows 7.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • brian7815brian7815 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7
    I can't run validate. A few years back Quicken had problems dealing with a reverse split on one of my stocks. And since then validate hangs when it gets to it, whether I select 'Rebuild Lots' or not. The log file shows no file issues in the file up to that point.

Thanks for the attempt.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    brian7815 said:
    I can't run validate. A few years back Quicken had problems dealing with a reverse split on one of my stocks. And since then validate hangs when it gets to it, whether I select 'Rebuild Lots' or not. The log file shows no file issues in the file up to that point.

Thanks for the attempt.
    If you haven't already, I suggest you replace the problematic reverse split transaction.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    edited November 8
    I have tried 4 separate times, twice when it first happened ~6 years ago. And then 2 more times since then, the last being about a year ago. It shows back up when I run one-step update. It would cause O.S.U. to hang when it got to 'quotes & investment'. I had to de-select that stock from update to be able to run O.S.U..

I was finally able to close out that position about a week ago, so maybe I'll be able to get rid of it in the file soon.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what stock - on the reverse split -
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    MIKP - It was suspended shortly after the split and is a 'grey stock' now.