Downloading transactions from Citi is inaccurate

I download daily and for about a week every download includes a transaction from a previous download and omits one that should be downloaded?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using? 
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Examples, please.
    Are you perhaps expecting transactions showing as "pending" at the credit card website to be included in today's download? They won't until confirmed by the merchant, usually a day later.
  • dealer
    dealer Member
    Windows deluxe U S 2018 r23.14

I am a 15 year experienced Quicken user with an accounting degree!
    I understand pending transactions. This is not my fault!

I download my credit card daily, and reconcile the account. For the past week everyday there
    has been one transaction missing and one transaction downloaded a second time.
    It is either a Citi issue or a Quicken one. It only happens with Citi. Not my bank or stocks.
    I was asking the community if anyone had the same issue? If they did, how they solved it?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want us to try and help solve your issue ...

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask...do you have "automatically add to banking register" unchecked in Quicken Preferences, Downloaded Transactions?  

If not, try that and see if it helps.  Then, you will get a Preview pane at the bottom of the register where you can select each transaction individually and Accept, Delete, Manually Match.

I would think that you have a downloaded transaction automatically matching to an older transaction.  Maybe even a much older transaction. 

By seeing these transactions in the lower Preview pane, you'll have more control on whether to accept these (and see a match, if Quicken deems its a match), match manually or just enter into the register without a match.  

See if that helps and please post back with your results. 
  • dealer
    dealer Member
    Thanks I do that! And the duplicate is listed as new and not match.
  • chitownhockey
    OK, I'm gonna ask a dumb question.  Have you gone on the Citi Cards website and made sure the transactions are on the website correctly?  I have to ask.
  • dealer
    dealer Member
    Yes. Maybe just wait until the 2020 version is available and buy it! Sounds like it is my issue?
  • chitownhockey
    If you are on Quicken 2018, you must have a subscription.  Quicken 2017 is the last non-subscription version of Quicken and expires 4/31/2020. 

Therefore, all active subscription users update to the latest version (unless you have turned off any updates).

All subscribers have Quicken Windows "2020" now.  There is nothing to buy.  

I download daily from Citi Cards.  Using Direct Connect, I never have any duplicates and never have any new transactions deleted.

What method of downloads are you using?  Web Connect (where you download a file from the website and import into Quicken), Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?

Direct Connect is always the most reliable. 
  • dealer
    dealer Member
    Direct connect
  • chitownhockey
    I'm with UKR.  A picture of the Preview Pane at the bottom of the transaction register would probably be helpful.  

BTW, are the two transactions from the same payee?
  • dealer
    dealer Member
    No it has happened 5 times all different payees. Not sure how to show missing transaction from citi that doesn’t show up in preview pane in a screen shot?
    And to show the duplicate entry I need to screen shot my quicken account and the preview pane. TMI!
    Thanks
  • chitownhockey
    And to show the duplicate entry I need to screen shot my quicken account and the preview pane. TMI!

You can redact the financial portions by blacking them out.  All we need to see is the transaction in the preview pane...and the date/payee of the duplicate.

Quicken is obviously making an incorrect match to a transaction already in your register.