Quicken starts, Opens my file, then prompts for my Quicken ID - then updates Cloud Account

Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
This was weird.....
Started Quicken - 2020 - R23.14 - and it then opens the QDF file
and prompts for the file password, which I enter...
Then - it prompts for my Quicken ID and password - which I enter
and it then goes back to my opened Quicken file normal home screen....
Have never seen that sequence of events -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Quicken 2017 prompted me for my Quicken ID password this morning. Maybe due to the problems Quicken has been having with their server(s).
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Also - after walking thru this unusual Quicken ID signin request,
    I noticed that my Quicken CLOUD was connected - which I did not do -
    I walked thru the Preferences
    and tried to disconnect anything related to the Quicken Cloud....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't figure out how the Quicken Cloud got activated as part of the recent forced Quicken ID/pw logon -
    I don't have any accounts tagged for Sync,
    and in fact the Mobile screens are showing as a startup scenario -
    weird -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    During sign in to Quicken ID, did you encounter a screen similar to this?
    If you just glossed over this prompt, the default is: Use mobile. And that's why your file is now enabled for Sync.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.
    4. If the current data file was actively synced to mobile prior to signing out,  the following screen will present a "Use mobile" / "Don't use mobile" choice. Make sure you select the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of the process. 

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    walked thru the re-sign in - never see the Sync to Mobile screen -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You might take a look at the cloud sync log and see if there really is some syncing taking place. My log only shows a server connection retrieving a listing of the cloud sync files tied to my ID.  My file last sync'd to the cloud on 10/5 while using a test product.  It did require deleting the cloud file to finally get it to stop. 

Soon enough, as was alluded to a while ago in a tester request on this forum, when EWC is migrated to the server that the Mac product is using, everyone will be syncing to the cloud.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Soon enough, as was alluded to a while ago in a tester request on this forum, when EWC is migrated to the server that the Mac product is using, everyone will be syncing to the cloud.
    Can you elaborate? I don't want anything synced to the cloud. Are you saying I have no option to decline this behavior?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mshiggins ,

Even though, when you Sign Out from clicking Sign in as a different user then typing Yes to confirm Sign Out and turn around and Sign back In, with Don't use Mobile, being Dotted, the File Name you are using for your Data File, will still be shown at Quicken on the Web./ Manage.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:

Can you elaborate? I don't want anything synced to the cloud. Are you saying I have no option to decline this behavior?

Hello @mshiggins

When a data file is registered, a cloud account is created automatically to facilitate the use of Online Services, however no data is synced to the cloud unless you have opted to turn on the Mobile/Web sync.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856731/faq-what-information-syncs-with-the-quicken-cloud-for-mobile-web-apps

I hope this helps to clarify and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I would only note that the FAQ is outdated relative to the types of data currently stored in the Cloud. More of the desktop is being migrated to the cloud with every new version release.  When Quicken Connected Services is integrated across all products (currently Mac and Canada), the FAQ will need to explain how user transaction data is not "sync'd" to the cloud but is still delivered via the Cloud Sync log rather than the OFX log. 

It may only be the terminology that makes it confusing, but intuitively users may be rightly skeptical that transactions appearing in the Cloud Sync Log are not sync'd to the cloud.
This discussion has been closed.