Sync Error

I can back up fine. However, when exiting the program and asked to sync, this is the error I get. Any suggestios appreciated.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Andy_G said:
    I did what you suggested earlier and it worked like a charm. I am only using Desktop online version and did not understand the detail of what happened. Thanks for your help. am just curious t

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.
    4. If the current data file was actively synced to mobile prior to signing out,  the following screen will present a "Use mobile" / "Don't use mobile" choice. Make sure you select the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of the process. 
      [Please note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]

Answers

• Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I will do that. I don't understand what this operation does. Further explanation would be appreciated.
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    I did what you suggested earlier and it worked like a charm. I am only using Desktop online version and did not understand the detail of what happened. Thanks for your help. am just curious t
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Andy_G said:

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.
    4. If the current data file was actively synced to mobile prior to signing out,  the following screen will present a "Use mobile" / "Don't use mobile" choice. Make sure you select the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of the process. 
      [Please note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]

• Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    I did turn off the sync. Thanks again for your help.
This discussion has been closed.