Year to Date Returns

Options
Year to date returns are way off. Example--Apple stock YTD is up 67%. Quicken shows YTD returns of 55%.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume you are referring to the Return (%) YTD column in the Investing > Portfolio views.
    That problem was also reported here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7863323/stock-return-ytd-1-yr-etc-inaccurate#latest

but so far I have not seen any acknowledgement from Quicken.

This is almost certainly a problem in the data feed from Quicken's quote provider. You might contact Support and/or use the Help > Report a Problem link to help bring this to the attention of the powers that be. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Appreciate your timely reply. Yes, I am referring to the YTD column in the Investing-view. I called Quicken, spoke to a tech person and explained the problem, then she put me on hold for 5 minutes and phone disconnected. Very annoyed and no patience to call back.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I spent close to an hour with Quicken support and they did a screen share on my PC. They had me set up a new Quicken data file and enter Apple stock price to see the YTD return. It was the same wrong return. The tech guy said that the returns are received from Morningstar. Well, Morningstar show Apple YTD returns are 67% and Quicken shows 55%. The Tech guy was clueless and had no remedy for the problem. He said no one has ever had this issue. I'm the first.
This discussion has been closed.