Why isn't Quicken able to use Epson Scan 2 interface when scanning receipts?

Options
I've been running my Epson FastFoto ff-640 with Epson Scan 2 interface with my HP Envy laptop for 2 years with no problems in Quicken. Now I purchased a Dell XPS 2720 desktop with a fresh install of Windows 10 Professional and Quicken will not scan receipts now. I get an error message that says, "Epson Scan 2 error has occurred and Epson Scan 2 will close. Check the scanner status and try again." (E425-B202)

I can preview the scan but cannot scan document into Quicken. The only programs that have been installed since a fresh install of windows has been Quicken and Epson scanner. I don't have a clue where to go from here, any ideas?

Best Answer

• Wingrider
    Wingrider Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured the issue out by a fluke that the scanner settings in the Scan 2 software was set on double sided scans. When I changed the setting to single it now works.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you downloaded/installed the latest Epson drivers for Windows 10?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Wingrider
    Wingrider Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I went to Epson's website and downloaded the software from there. It makes no sense to me that it runs on my laptop under windows 10 with no problem but will not run on my new desktop under windows 10.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using the same build of Windows on both? The same version of drivers? The same release of Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Wingrider
    Wingrider Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured the issue out by a fluke that the scanner settings in the Scan 2 software was set on double sided scans. When I changed the setting to single it now works.
This discussion has been closed.